CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 07, 2007

The Ugly Truth

Okay ... Deb commented that she was happy to read about the baby but what about the weigh loss journey. I suppose since that is how this whole blog started, and how I met so many wonderful people, it's time to get back to posting more about it.

The ugly truth is that in the last year I've crept up to 415 pounds once again. It isn't something I did without knowing it. I've been watching as the numbers slowly crept back up again. And I've been alarmed about it. I've made all kinds of excuses to myself and to others. The "I've had a rough year" and "So many life changes have happened" and "I've been under a lot of stress" and "I went back to work" and "I moved" and on and on it goes. Deep down I've known they are all excuses and though they are all valid reasons, none of them is really acceptable. They are what they are and what I've told myself to keep from beating myself up. It has to stop and the time for that to happen is now.

I am back to eating at home more. I even grilled out yesterday (chicken, a small potatoe sliced with chives and peppers) and it was very good. I'll be cooking on the new grill which I happened to assemble all by myself more in the coming days, weeks, months. I am making the healthier choices and will stop the mindless eating I've fallen into doing when feeling stressed and unhappy. It is time to start the process of losing the pounds once again. I can for sure tell the difference with these pounds regained. I am not going to undo all the hard work I've done so far.

So Deb, thanks for the push to come clean here. I'm going to attempt to get back here more frequently to post. It helped to keep me motivated in the past. I've lost touch with many I had come to care a lot about. It saddens me but I can't let it drag me completely down.

I'm going to utilize Sparkpeople more, tracking the calories, drinking my water, and moving the body. I know it all goes hand in hand and I am back to it all. That's the truth and I hope by next week I'll be reporting I'm on my way down once again. I believe with my work schedule my weigh in days will be either Tuesday or Wednesday, so keep your eyes peeled and you may just get to see the pounds melt off once again!

4 comments:

Janet said...

I am with you girl!!
Glad you have decided to eat healthy and get stronger.
I am doing the same.
(how is that baby doing? She looks beautiful)

Anonymous said...

Silly goose this kind of truth is not ugly is it beautiful. Unvarnished certainly, perhaps a bit unflattering, but then again you have the self awareness and self confidence to step before and say that you have not followed the plan but you will get back to it. And the best thing of all is that you know the plan is going to work.

Anyways great news about the grand daughter, the rededication to the plan, and just living life so that you will be able to enjoy it for a nice long while.

A wonderful guy

Anonymous said...

Hey there Karon!

I'm so glad to see you back! Congrats on that new grandbaby, she's adorable.

I'm going to keep my eyes peeled, because I know first hand what happens when you set your mind on a goal and work towards it!

I'll keep you in my prayers, that the stress levels become more managable for you. It has been a crazy year for you and hopefully things will mellow out for you soon.

I was in an accident last month, so am doing the chiropractor thing with the two youngest kids as well, seems that whiplash isn't just something people "make up" in order to sue other people.....

So the search for a new car is on, hopefully something reasonable will come along soon.

I'm going to check back here every day to see how things are going for you, okay? You'll be back below the big 400 before you know it....you know how to get it done and you have the motivation!

Take care!

Love,
Ann

Anonymous said...

Hi, Karon.

I'm glad you haven't given up. I reached my weight goal last fall and now I'm fighting to get back to it! I'm up 11 pounds and trying to stem the tide and keep it moving in the other direction. I'm the king of excuses. The thing is I want to eat when I don't need to.

Hang in there! We're at different stages, but the battle is very similar.

- Randy (Barney)