CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Birth Announcement




Hello, hello!

No, I did not fall off the face of the earth. The move went pretty well. Everything is put away and except for the fact that we are having a heck of a time getting cable tv hooked up (long story for another day perhaps) we are settled nicely.

I did take a few days this last week to spend time at the hospital as my youngest daughter Mandi gave birth to my new granddaughter. She had to be induced and it was a rough labor and delivery. Mandi had pre-eclampsia. She was induced on Friday morning but was still only about two centimeters at the end of the day. Her blood pressure was dangerously high and the doctor recommended an epidural. He said it would help her to relax, bringing her blood pressure down, get rid of the back pain (all back labor), and allow her body to continue with the dilation process. Her only other option was a C-section which she didn't want.

Saturday morning (April 28) she was in stage two labor (pushing phase) about 8:00. Many times she wanted to give up but she was coaxed by myself and her hubby (who managed to get a short furlough for the birth) and managed to keep going. Baby was born at 9:55 AM. Her name is Chloe Jayne and she weighed 7 lbs 15 oz. She was 20 1/2 inches long. She has a good head of dark hair. Her eyes are currently a dark grey-blue and they are just beautiful. Of course, I may be a bit prejudiced!

Chloe and momma came home on Sunday afternoon and there have been some adjustments. Mom had never changed a diaper in her life! She's been a really quick learner. She does really well with Chloe and that baby is a good baby. Already, she has slept through the last two nights.

Gotta run as I have training at work. Didn't get the new position. It's okay. Would have made life easier, but ah well.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby girl:) Sounds like Mandi had a rough time, but I bet she's forgotten about the majority of it now that she can hold baby Chloe in her arms. One more day and she would have had the same bday as my daughter:) Congrats again on the new addition to your family. Take care.

Anonymous said...

I've been checking everyday just waiting for the announcement! Congratulations!! Vicki

Janet said...

I am so glad your back with such wonderful news.
The baby is beautiful!!
What fun and happiness for you all.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!

I have been lurking waitng for the news. I hope her huibby is well. My hubby is retired (23 years) Marine.

I hope all is well with you.

Take Care!

Darlene

Anonymous said...

Karon,

It was nice of you to post about your cute grandbaby but we are really interested in your weight gain/loss.

I fear that you are putting weight back on and are not telling your friends. We are here for you.

Deb