Went to the doctor office today and for the first time was able to step on the scale and be weighed. Yahoo! The only issue is that there was a discrepancy between my scale and the one at the doctor office. Mine weighs me heavier. Think I'll go with the doc's at this point.
That said, I'm now down to 390 pounds. This means since I re-started NS back in June I have dropped 35 pounds. Since starting my journey in 2005, I have lost a total of 140 pounds. I am pleased with my progress, for sure.
My doctor was also happy with the weight loss. She said my blood pressure was good. She was happy with the amount of walking I'm doing which amounts to about 30 minutes 4-5 days per week. She said to keep up my good work and was thrilled that I am now under 400 pounds!
Got a call from the sleep study center. I have to go back to the doctor to discuss my options. Seems whatever they were measuring (the apnea and drops in oxygen levels while I'm sleeping) are slightly elevated (by three points over the normal average). Big deal is my first response. They went on to say that I have options. GREAT!
Option 1: C-pap machine ... NO way!
Option 2: behavior therapy ... In other words, go on a diet. Duh! I have done that, and didn't need them to tell me I need to lose weight. Sheesh!
Option 3: positional therapy ... Don't sleep on my back. Um ... I NEVER do except during this stupid test because you wouldn't let me sleep on my tummy and every time I got comfortable on my side, you'd come in and tell me to roll onto my back. *sigh* Seemed a ridiculous conclusion, in my opinion.
Option 4: orthodontic appliance worn while sleeping ... I'll listen and consider it, but still feel it is totally unnecessary!
So I go to talk about all this at the end of the month, after my trip to Alaska. I will listen, but honestly think it's all a bunch of crap and a scam to get more money from my insurance company.
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Weigh in at the doctor office
Posted by Karon at 8/08/2007 03:14:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Congrats on your loss and stickin with it!!
Hope you get everything sorted out with the doctors....If they would only listen to us instead of telling us about ourselves things would get solved a lot sooner!!
Take care,
Jodi
Post a Comment