CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Moving along

A better month was had than last month. I lost ten pounds and am sitting at just under 100 lbs gone since my surgery nine months ago. The journey continues and I have a lot of the same struggles I had pre-op but I just can't eat a lot of food at one time. I seem to be able to eat pretty much anything. I choose not to, most of the time, but I do try things from time to time. I know that now it's more a matter of keeping my head straight and focusing on my health. I am stronger and feel great! Having the surgery was the best thing I could have done for myself. I am looking forward to many things and enjoying seeing people who haven't seen me for a long time. Life is good. Tim and I will celebrate 24 years together on Monday the 8th. I can't wait to see what the end of the year brings. Hopefully, I'll be nearing my goal by then. I wanted to be there by September but know that isn't going to happen. I'm about 85 lbs from where I'd like to end up. Then the skin removal six months or so from the goal date and on I will go. Life is indeed good!

5 comments:

Janet said...

Your doing good. Stay with it, the end of the losing weight part is just about over. Then the really hard part. Keeping control of your weight. Just like AA tark it one day at a time

Karon said...

Thanks, Janet! I know that maintenance is going to be the tough part. I have been giving my goal weight some thought and will discuss it with the surgeon when I see him Tuesday next week. One day at a time has been how I've approached this from the start.

Anonymous said...

Happy 24th Anniversary! These days that is an amazing accomplishment. I hope you take some time to make it a special day for you both.

CindyV

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Karon! I'm glad I had a reminder on my calendar. It's been TOO long since I've stopped to see how you are... almost didn't recognize the pictures!! I'm very happy for you.

I'll have to look you up on Facebook and we can connect there. Gotta run, but didn't want to go without a quick congrats on 24 years.

Hopefully, we'll touch base again REAL soon.

- Randy (Barney)

Jamie said...

Well hello girl!!! Looks like many congratulations are due!!! First.....10 pounds last month?? Amazing. So happy for you and might I add, you look faaaantastic!!!!!

Happy Anniversary as well. I hope you celebrated! You guys deserve it.

I can't believe you are a mere 85 pounds from goal. So, so proud of you girl. Take care of yourself!!