CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 09, 2010

New Territory

I have finally managed to get into new territory in the weight loss. I had been stuck at 265-270 since last July. This past week I managed to go from 269 down to my current weight as of today 263.8! Woo hoo for me!

I've been really increasing the protein and it seems to be paying off. I'm also staying on the high end of the calorie range and making better food choices. The exercise is still my three days a week classes and I'm trying to get myself to commit to walking and using the fitness center here at my apartment complex regularly but cannot seem to get it done. I seem to come home from work, sit down, and just veg. I suppose I could get a work out in before work as I'm certainly up early enough most days, however, that is my "me" time and it's quiet in the house and I just want to spend quiet time by myself. Not sure I'm ready to give that up. *sigh*

So ... I hope to continue the downward trend that has begun. I would love to be sitting at 230 when I go to see my surgeon in October for my two year follow-up appointment. I have made that my goal weight for now. Not sure it can happen as that is about 35 lbs in four months which at this point post op isn't very realistic. I am going to keep it as my short term goal knowing this but if I don't make it, I will not consider it failure. I need to commit to doing what it takes and having a goal, even such as this, helps to keep me on track.

3 comments:

Ehm Samir said...

Hi Karon!

It's been forever since I had the chance to sit down and check out your blog. You are doing so well! I am so impressed every day when I see all the activity you're posting on FB...I've been thinking that I should get up mornings as well and get some exercise in. We get up for prayers earlier now that it's Spring/Summer and Husam leaves for work at 6:30 which would give me a whole hour to exercise before the kids get up. So why am I not doing that? I am lazy and lack motivation to get started. Maybe you could try morning workouts and see if they still make you feel like you hae your "me" time. I think if I get it out of the way in the morning, it'll actually get done rather than postponed indefinitely.

Anyway, I just wanted to stop by and lend some support. Keep going, you're doing a fantastic job!

Smile!
Ann

Boshi said...

Boshi here. I'm back! I was gone all last year. Very happy to see your success on the weight loss. I've been writing on my blog again. Writing it helps me along with my own journey. Take care!

Nancy said...

Karon-

I've been away from "Blog Land" for quite awhile and am just now back to it with a totally new blog. It's good to come back and see how great you're doing! You look great! I'm looking forward to reading your blog again.