CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 16, 2007

Ticking Away

Time seems to just continue to tick on by. It's been a busy time and things don't seem to be letting up. Went to San Diego and had a wonderful time at our future son-in-law's boot camp graduation. He came home for ten days and goes back on Tuesday. At least as of today, that's the plan. His time home may be extended due to some family issues but it won't really affect us. He's been down with his family the whole time. Mandi took time off work to be with him but she's got to be back at work on Weds and has a doctor visit on Tues.

Work is same old same old. The girls (at work) seem to be more and more mentally ill of late. In and out the psych hospital like I don't know what. I wish they would take the time while they are in the hospital to really come up with a plan to get them stable and functioning before they are dumped right back on us! It's really frustrating for all of us, the girls included.

On the fat front, I'm not doing well. I'm still maintaining and that disappoints me. I've been in tears a lot lately over it. I don't know what happened to the determination and motivation I had. I want it back so badly, yet it eludes me, dangling just out of my grasp. I've not posted to many of the threads here at Spark I was posting on for the simple fact, I really haven't had anything to say. I'm not losing weight and feel like a farce right now. I continue to go through the motions, which is probably why I'm able to maintain, but that's about it. I dunno if it's because I have so much more to lose or what. Most people who lose 100 plus pounds are at their goal weight, yet I have at least twice that to go.

And still time continues to march on by ... And I have more photos from the graduation trip I may get posted next week if anyone is interested. (Maybe a wedding photo or two as well.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Karon.

I read your post today. I just wanted to encourage you not to get down on yourself. With the cold winter, I know that our bodies resist our efforts to lose weight. It goes against what our bodies want to do. We lose energy and just want to stay warm and eat.

I hit the upper end of my weight watcher's goal weight in November and then jumped up almost 10 pounds over the holidays. It's been a real battle to get those pounds off now.

Don't give up. Don't get discouraged! You did it before and you WILL do it again! I have faith in you, friend. Try to find one more little change you can make.

Thanks for posting on your site. I'm kind of losing track of everyone. It's good to be able to come here and keep up with how you are doing.

- Randy (Barnabas)
(I said a little prayer for you as I read your post.) =)

Shirley said...

There's nothing wrong with maintaining. Don't obsess about it. If you're maintaining, then you know that you're eating appropriately. Not too much. This is what maintenance will be like. I think our bodies and minds need a rest from always being so focused on losing weight. Even if it's good for you, it is a struggle. Sometimes it's fine to stop, take a breather, then pick it up again when you're refreshed and ready to go again.

Anonymous said...

Maintaining is great. I'm binging right now. I look forward to reading your blog. I'm depressed and you always help me. Keep on going,you will lose it as I will.

Janet said...

Maintaining is great. I have gained the 30 lbs I lost, so I am thinking that you are doing great.
Keep hanging in there. We both can do it.
Lots of things are going on in your life and you are still maintaining.
Don't get bogged down in the negative.
Your a kewl dudette!!

Unknown said...

Completely understand what you are going through. I am maintaining as well, but I keep trying to get back on but can't stick with it. I think my mind is tired of NutriSystem foods and always tasting the same thing all the time, so I've stopped my shipments and am going to focus on the Spark recommendations because I think I need a change. So, keep at it or try to think of why you're mentally blocking yourself. You're in my thoughts :-)

Melissa

Sophia said...

hey hon. It's a long time since I checked in on you - and such a mixed week! Happy over your daughter's marriage - but sorry to hear you are struggling with your weightloss right now. And maintaining is SO much better than gaining - and that motivation will come back to you - it WILL. I have been in that spot of wondering whether it would...but I was gaining - NOT maintaining - during that time. You've had a lot going on and need to take it easy on your self-voices of critical thinking. :)

God Bless - i know you will get there.

Sophia