CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Uh huh



The ticker tells the story. I am now down to 389 as of this morning. That means in the last two weeks I've somehow managed to lose 16 pounds. I had gone back up to as high as 405 pounds two weeks ago. I've been watching what I eat and moving when I can instead of sitting on my arse. I know I'm not doing what I could but evidentally, I'm doing enough to keep moving along.

Life is complicated and confusing. Work sucks and it isn't going to get better. I have an idea on that front but not going to share it here right now. I'll fill everyone in sometime soon, I'm sure. Suffice it to say, I am actively looking for a new job so I can "get the hell out of Dodge"!

This past week I managed to be caught in a corner where we had to restrain a girl. She's tiny, but she packs quite the kick and I have two bruises (both on my post surgery leg) to prove it. The next day she totally lost it again and is not in the psych hospital. Hopefully, she'll now get the help she needs.

Mandi continues to grow bigger. I swear I don't know how that girl doesn't just split wide open and she still has almost two months to go. She's getting regular phone calls from her Tim now (on Sundays) on his one day a week that he has off. His rack-mate has a cell phone and lets him call Mandi on it. They have talked for at least an hour each time he's called. Thank goodness for free weekend minutes for his buddy, I guess.

Only another ten days or so where he is and then on to Fort Knox for ten weeks. That will put him past Mandi's due date. Hopefully, he'll still get to come home for a few days when the baby is born. That's what they were told so we'll see.

Other than that, life is good. Tim is okay. I'm okay just tired and a bit wore down. It's going to get better though. Thanks to those of you who are still checking in and leaving me comments. I appreciate that!

3 comments:

Janet said...

(Imagine me in a cheer leading costume with a Big K on my chest)
Yelling "Karon is dynamite, Karon is dynamite, Tick Tick Tick Tick BOOOOM DYNAMITE Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
389 so cool.
Isn't it neat how our bodies can streeeeeetch when we are preggers!Bet she is cute as she can be.

Lisa said...

Wow, down 16 in two weeks is great! You must be doing something right. Keep it up:) I'm actually restarting NS myself. I've managed to put almost all of my weight back on:( I'm hoping getting back on NS will kick my butt in gear and I'll get back down to where I was before and beyond.

Hope you find a new job soon so you can actually enjoy it. And also one where you are safe. I don't know how you have managed to stay where you are for as long as you have.

Anonymous said...

Wow Karon! In two weeks you lost more than I can manage in a GOOD year....congrats. All that running around from coast to coast I guess huh? Sorry to hear work is so stressful....it's sad to see young people like that and a very difficult thing to deal with them. I'm glad you're back to posting, I missed you!

Take care!
Ann