Tomorrow is the day I will re-start NutriSystems. Already I feel motivated and excited to beging anew the journey I started over two years ago. I have put my ticker back on so that my friends can watch my progress and I WILL have progress. I refuse to accept anything else!
The foods are sorted and on the shelves. I'm off to the grocery store shortly to get my fruits, veggies, proteins, etc. I have my list and my determination and I will not be deterred. I will not give up on me and I will get to the end of this journey and continue living happy and healthy.
I got the results of my bloodwork and my blood glucose levels were fine. No worries about diabetes for me and I'm happy about that. I have enough to deal with for Tim and that. My thyroid test was a totally different matter. Even after an increase two months ago, it is not working up to par. So yet another increase and we'll see where we are in two months.
I had another kick in the pants this week as well. I had to schedule a CAT scan to have my lungs checked. They found a nodule last fall and it's taken me this long to have it checked out. Anyway ... calling to set it all up and what do you know? The imaging centers the doctor told me to contact couldn't help me because of my weight. (Yet one more discrimination against morbidly obese people is equipment not able to handle our girth and weight.) I ended up in tears and couldn't go any further. My dear sweet hubby got on the phone and called the doctor. They referred me to the hospital and voila! I will go for that test next week at the hospital. Whew!
It was yet another kick in the arse to get me moving in the right direction, though, so it's all good.
Saturday, June 09, 2007
Tomorrow is the day
Posted by Karon at 6/09/2007 03:35:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congrats on the new resolve,,,
I have been reading your journal for quite some time,,dont give up,,
at least you have found something that works for you,, and if its getting your moneys worth, so be it,,
Congrats on the new granbaby too, stay handy to them,, your daughters hormones will settle down and she will find your support very welcome,, when she is sleep deprived,, Dont let this cause you more stress,
HUGS for your efforts
Good for you, Karon! Every day is a new beginning and you are still quite a ways down from where you first started. It's the journey, not the destination, that shows what kind of people we are! Go get 'em girl!
Post a Comment