CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 06, 2007

And more exercise today ...

I did not go to the fitness center today. Instead, Tim and I shopped til I dropped, literally. Well, we started out doing laundry which we take out to do. After that, we went to two Walmart stores in search of a Christmas tree Tim HAD to have. This entailed walking the entire length of both stores (super stores at that) twice. Then we headed on to Meijer which is another superstore. Had a couple things to pick up there and wandered around a bit. After that we hit the local dollar store. Got a journal for me to do prayer journaling as well as some other stuff. By then I was pretty hungry. We went to Bakers Square where I had a quiche and fresh fruit. They offered french fries with the meal, but let me sub the fresh fruit. I added a bowl of cream of potato soup which also included a 'taster slice' of any pie. Tim and I split that itty bitty piece of candy cane pie and it was yummy! Then we headed on to Target. My knees were screaming (as are my shoulders, back, neck, arms, and my thighs) so there was no way I was gonna make it. I ended up riding around Target on a scooter. I still feel like I had a victory, though. I did a LOT of walking and Tim was so proud of me. I'm happy I was able to keep up with him for as long as I could.

It has now started to snow. We're supposed to get another 2-5 inches. We'll see. I guess I'll be shoveling again tomorrow morning. AND I'm going back to the fitness center tomorrow to do seven minutes on the treadmill, two minutes on the elliptical, and attempt to climb aboard the bike for a few minutes as well. Whew! I'm tired just thinking about it.

Took some ibuprofen for all my aches and pains and will just veg in front of the tv for the rest of the night.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay walking!

One thing about walking while shopping is you can take breaks. I am one to shop a bit, then stop for coffee, shop a bit, then stop for water, shop a bit...by the end of the day I usually have walked a lot :)

Btw, if you want to track how far you walked, check out http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/ You can zoom in on the store you were at and estimate how far it is to go back and forth through the aisles. :)

Anonymous said...

jenk=thinks for the addy. it looks interesting.
Karon YaY for you. Ibuprofen is wonderful.
Janet