CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 14, 2007

Been Kind of Quiet

I've been a little quiet lately. I just haven't had much to say. This time of year I'm either way up or way down and lately it's been the latter. Too far from my girls and the grandbabies. I miss my mom. I miss my mother-in-law. Both are deceased. Money is way too tight and things don't seem to be ever getting better in that area. A girl can only work so many hours and the hubby can't work at all. Bless his heart, he tried to get a part-time job in a store as a greeter or something but no go. We will manage,it just gets so old trying to make it from one check to the next. So I've gone into silent mode.

Had a doctor appointment a couple days ago. Still up in weight (back over the 400 mark) but not as high as I had been during the month. I still wonder if some of it might not be missing one period and well on my way to missing another. (I apologize to any men who may still be reading here. LOL) The doctor has bloodwork drawn to check my thyroid again and also to do two menopause tests. I've not heard back from her but I don't think she was in the office yesterday. So we'll see where that goes. She asked if I have hot flashes or night sweats. Do I? Good lord, I've been having those for years! I also have horrible mood swings from times and can spend an entire day crying for no apparent reason.

She also gave me a stern talking to so I'll be having the dreaded 'pap' at my next appointment. I guess I'll also submit to a mammogram. I've not had either for about ten years and given the family history (mom had uterine cancer and died of cancer but not that one, and sister lost a breast to breast cancer) I know I should stay on top of those issues. I have my reasons and discussed them with my doctor. She was able to convince me to have the dreaded tests, so that's that!

On the exercise front, I get up every day determined to either go to the fitness center or to walk with Leslie. Every day, I also manage to talk myself out of it. I don't know how people motivate themselves to do it on a daily basis. I'm working on it and realize part of it may just be the overall funk I find myself in lately.

Work related note, I may be moving to day shift this next week. It's something I've been wanting and waiting for since back in July. I won't believe it until it happens but that's supposedly the plan. I'm hoping that will get me going in the weight loss department again. I will be forced to be more active all day at work (instead of sitting on my butt all night long in front of my laptop playing games). I will be up and out of the house early. I will be able to eat meals at more regular mealtimes. I'll also be able to eat dinner at home, if I can convince Tim of it. I know in the long run that would also save us money but I feel guilty making him stay in. Eating out is the only time during the day he will be able to get out of this place and that's going to really suck for him! I'm worried about him laying in bed all day until time for me to get home and then jumping up and getting dressed. It sucks being so far from family that no one can check in on him for me.

Enough of my whining attitude. I'm going to go back some cookies (sugar-free and fat friendly) and see if that helps my mood any. I promise I won't eat more than a couple a day. I'm really not all that fond of sweets. It's the real food, the meat and potatoes foods, that I am sometimes unable to control myself with.

2 comments:

Janet said...

To me this is a depressing time of year. Not enough sun.
We could start a "I Hate Lady Tests" club. That mammogram is really a stinker and the pap isn't much better.
Hope you get that day job. That really would help you.

Karon said...

The cookies were horrible. Guess that's my cue that I didn't need them in the first place. *sigh*