Up and down, back and forth, around and around ... just like a yo-yo. That is how I'm feeling these days. The scale goes up and down to the point I'm trying to only step on it once a week instead of daily. My moods are swinging the same way. And dealing with the doctor offices is just downright irritating to me!
I got a promotion at work. It means returning to the overnight shift. Tim did better when I worked nights so I guess it's a good thing. I get a 10% raise (not where I wanted but as much as they will offer) and have EVERY Friday and Saturday off. I will also be off all day on Sunday and then go into work on Sunday night 11p-7a. I'll be able to go to church every week again and so will Tim so of course he's happy.
Things have been ugly for my oldest daughter and it's been on my mind a lot lately. She is a victim of domestic violence. I've been trying to convince her to leave but she feels trapped with two children, I think. Tim and I said she could come up here and we'd manage somehow. I wish she would and get herself and those babies out of harm's way. Those of you who are prayers, please include her. It's a struggle for her, I know.
My youngest daughter is coming home with hubby and baby Chloe next week. I am so excited and can't wait to see them. Chloe will be a year old at the end of the month. It's so hard to believe she's so grown up already. Needless to say I'll likely have LOTS of pictures to share somewhere.
Have a good week! I'm going to research the South Beach diet. I've read several places that is one diet those who have had weight loss surgery can follow when they get to their goal weight. I figure maybe I can start learning it now and drop a few more pounds in the meantime. I'll keep you posted on how it goes!
Monday, April 14, 2008
Like a yo-yo
Posted by Karon at 4/14/2008 06:47:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Karen........I have followed your progress but haven't commented for some time. I envy your decision to go forward with the WLS. I have heard that it takes a long time to get through the process, so hang in there. I also have checked out the SBD. I found a website about SBD that is very helpful and best of all, it is free. Here is the link if you want to check it out. www.southbeachdietguide.com
They also have a forum....Maggie
How is baby Chloe? Bet she is a lot of fun.
Glad your going to go to church again. That is a comfort.
Having a daughter and granddaughters in danger from domestic violence is very hard to bare. There is a lot of information on the web about why women stay in abusive relationships.
God Bless you all and keep you safe.
Post a Comment