CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Ranting about the process

Got a call from my pulmonologist office today. Seems there isn't an appointment available until July. Are they kidding me? I really wanted to have all the testing done by the end of May so everything could be submitted to the insurance company and I could hopefully be approved and set for surgery no later than June. I am so frustrated by this entire process.

I have my primary doctor who has to do referrals for everything under the sun. I have the bariatric center which wants me to get things to them they should be able to access on their own in the computer system. I have the surgeon's office wanting me to get everything done. And then I have all the others who just don't get how important this is to me now that I've made the decision.

My husband says it's all this way because everyone wants to make sure that I am committed and really want this surgery. I'm beginning to think I've lost my mind! One day at a time and I guess I just have to wait and see. It's the waiting that makes me nuts. Once I make a decision I'm a "I want it yesterday" kind of person. I know the process will not be a miracle happening over night but I didn't expect to hit roadblocks like this all along the way.

Okay, I guess my rant is over. *sigh*

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Karon, take a deep breath and relax. Yes, this is the doctors way of making good and sure you are going to go through with the surgery. If you can make it through all their hoops, then they know you will make it through the surgery and follow-up willingly and follow all their directions faithfully. I know the waiting is hard. I'm going through similar with my back issues and the doctors for that. Just take it one day at a time. You'll get there before you know it.

Jamie said...

Hi Karon....having to wait months for an appointment IS disappointing isn't it. Like you, I had a time frame in mind for when I wanted my surgery. My 'month' is July. I am still grasping at strings of hope that it will happen then. My pyshc. appt.(testing) isn't until the middle of May. It's only the begining of April and THEN I have to set an appt. with him to evaluate me. GRRR. I feel your pain girl. I hope your doing well!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karon!

Just checking in, no news from you in a while. Is everything okay with you and Tim? I think of you often throughout the week and send positive vibes and hugs your way.

Take care!
Ann