CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Update

Went to the doctor yesterday. Gave him the what for about all the failed referrals and how it is holding things up. He spoke with the gal who does the referrals and she seemed to know nothing. That figures! He said he will call the Utilization Review person himself to see what they need and get back to me about it all. I am still waiting for the fitness consultation. Seems they didn't know who the person I was referred to worked for (the bariatric clinic, duh) so that was the problem with that one. It has supposedly been resubmitted so I'll call in a day or two to check on status.

I'm also waiting on the referral for the psych testing. That one the UR people supposedly needed info from my doctor and he hasn't responded so they just dropped it. Well, chit! That is one of the main ones he's supposed to be checking on.

I am scheduled for the upper endoscopy on May 2nd. I have to look up the info, and I have to call the hospital to make certain it has been authorized by my insurance. It was on hold last time I checked. I won't be going for the procedure until I know it has been authorized!

My pulmonary appointment is still the one that will hold me up the longest. I will have to have a breathing test, again. Why can't I go ahead and have it so the pulmonologist can just read the darn thing and clear me at my visit with him in mid-July? I don't understand why I have to be seen by him first. Also, I have this sinking feeling that he will want me to do another sleep study. That is going to torque me off. By then, I'm going to be in full swing with working night shift again and want to be up all night. I'm going to demand they do it during the day when I would normally be sleeping if this is the case. They can't expect me to sleep at night if I am used to being up all night at work. Or at least they shouldn't at any rate. On the one hand, a study that came back with sleep apnea would be one more pro for weight loss surgery! *sigh*

So, that is where everything is at. I am still waiting and still trying to get all the testing done so things can be submitted to the insurance company. Meanwhile, the scale has not been nice to me. I really need to regain my focus and get my arse in gear. Surgery is only a tool. I need to make sure I get my head back on straight and now is the time to do that!

Thanks to Maggie for the info about SB.

Chloe and Mandi will be here on Monday. They may even stay longer. Woo hoo! She and the hubby are at odds. Of course, they generally make up so we'll see how it goes. Either way, I get to spend time with that precious girl I haven't seen since last June. I am so excited!

2 comments:

Janet said...

When I am being paranoid, I think that all of those agencies and organizations have a plot to make everything so darned hard. Of course this is not true but I wonder sometimes.
Keep a long of every one you talk to and copy any written information you get. Ask for names and phone numbers of contact people. Date everything so that you have a record and you can go back and figure out who was supposed to do what.
Keep after them and don't take anything for granted.
Tomorrow Chloe and Mandi will be there and you are going to have some fun. Yeah!! I love it that my grandkids are so close.

Anonymous said...

Karen?

I hope you're doing okay and that all is well with you and your family. How did the visit with Chloe go???

Love,
Ann