I really have nothing new to report but I like to try to update here once a week or so. Work is busy as every. The girls are great! They really have been appreciative of some things I've been doing. Some of the rules and having them enforced is another matter and I catch hell for it from time to time. It's all in a day's work and they know not to "bite the hand that feeds them". I control allowance and whether or not they get to go on home visits every weekend so ...
Weight loss is slow going now; a least a lot slower than I'd like at seven months out. The surgeon warned me at my last visit that I'd be doing well to lose a pound a week soon. Boy, he wasn't kidding! I do feel that lack of exercise is playing a big role in the slower process but there are only so many hours in the day. I know it's all about planning and then just doing it but I have so many variables that I cannot control, the time I get out work being one. I get all set to leave, punch out, and then on my way out the door a crisis happens and I have to stay until it's over. That sometimes means not leaving for another hour or two and when it's already past 5 PM well ... I guess I may have to sign up for a 24 hour gym but I don't really think I'm ready for that. Wish someone in my area would go to the gym with me. That would at least give me a push. Going with the hubby just doesn't do it for me, you know? LOL
Anyway ... there you have. More drama with my girls but nothing I can do. I've tried to stay out of it and just be mom. I listen, offer my opinion (which they never really care to hear), and do my best to let it go. After all, I've screwed up my own life on many occasions so I guess now it's their turn. *chuckling*
Sunny here. Tim and I are going to go walk in the park later. I'm shooting for walking six rounds which will be 1.5 miles. I may take a break half way through and rest, I may not make it all the way, but I am determined to try. Hope you all have a beautiful day, where ever you are!
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Nothing new
Posted by Karon at 4/18/2009 08:31:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hi Karen, I just wanted to encourage you to keep on. You are doing great and need time to adjust. You've had lots of changes this year. You will succeed!
CindyV
Hi Karon! I hope you are doing well. Its been a long time girl!!! Enjoy your day.
Hi Karon!
I KNow it's been a while, but I just got back on the net not too long ago. Glad you are doing well. Congrats on getting into Twoterville!!
So proud of you!
Jodi
Post a Comment