CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Update for May

Eight months out and the losing has slowed dramatically. My surgeon warned me at my last visit that I would likely only lose about one pound per week now. I didn't want to believe it, but he was right. The month of April, I managed to lose only six pounds. I'm a little frustrated with this as I still have about 90 lbs to go to get to the number I'd like to be at. The hanging belly skin is beginning to be an issue. Summer is on it's way and the moist folds have begun, no matter what I've done to prevent them. I know that the itching, scratching, and rashes are what I have to look forward to. The only good news is that every issue I have will be documented in hopes of getting insurance to pay for the skin removal when I get to my goal. Water aerobics has given me a renewal. I'm really enjoying being back at that. I can't wait for the next four weeks to pass. Then I can return to my Tuesday night classes which I miss so much. I never thought I'd say it, but it's true! I will continue to march forward and know that I am making progress slowly and surely and I will be just fine!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karon -

Does baby powder or Lotramin powder under the belly help keep the rash under control? It does for me.

(We used to chat occasionally on Spark)

Karon said...

I can't use baby powder. It causes irritation to be worse. Gold Bond helps sometimes. I've never tried the Lotramin powder. Maybe I'll check into that. I checked out your blog and will be back to visit again.

Anonymous said...

I can't use baby powder there either. It makes like a moist environment and seems to spread.

I have put lanocaine on it in the past and it heals fast. I warn you that it will sting if the area is raw. It really makes a difference fast.

CindyV

Janet said...

I love the Gold Bond lotion in the green bottle.
After my shower, I spray some underarm deodorant between the skin fold. Then I put a layer of the Gold Bond, green bottle, lotion on. Works for me.
Don't know if it would work for you.
1 lbs a week is nothing to sneeze at. That is a good number to be losing.
Your doing good girl. Keep on going.