So we were on vacation last week. We drove down to Orlando with my sister and her fella. We went out on an airboat and saw alligator nests, nesting alligator moms and even baby alligators. It was a lot of fun!
We also went to the dinner show "Al Capone's" and had a blast. It was a new show, quite different from the ones we had seen there years ago. We sat through that one three times before so it was nice to see a new one.
We didn't do much else there. We left there and headed over to Daytona where it was really too hot to do much of anything. We did some shop wandering and then headed on to St. Augustine. We walked on the beach, in the rain, there. Saw the old fort there and it was okay. Then we headed up to Ducktown, TN.
There we went white water rafting and had a BLAST! The rapids were class II and class IV. I guess they go up to class V. It was so much fun! My sister go washed out of her seat a couple times but managed to remain in the raft. Tim didn't really want to go but went because he knew I wanted to go. He was quite grumpy in the beginning, but by the end he was smiling and laughing. He said he would go again. I definitely want to go again.
All in all, it was a relaxing time and I'm sad to have to return to work. All good things come to an end while the bad seems to just pile on. I'll trudge onward, though.
I did gain four pounds while I was gone. Eating was not often enough and the wrong things. I'm sure once I'm back in the swing here at home, the pounds will be gone once again. It's what I'm shooting for, anyway.
Sunday, August 09, 2009
Vacation
Posted by Karon at 8/09/2009 08:46:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Traveling seems to encourage fluid retention too, it seems to me.
Glad you and Tim had a good time.
Sounds like you had a great time! I am so jealous of the white water rafting. I may just have to add that to my list of things I want to do before I die!
~Melissa
wow looks like you had a great time!!
justmeagain
Darlene
sounds like you had fun thats great! hope your week is going well. hugs
Cool! I'm planning a trip to Orlando (Disney World) this fall. It's definitely an incentive to keep walking more!
Post a Comment