Just popping in to say I'm doing really well. I really like my counselor and he said today I am making good progress. I am finally starting to grieve and let go ... It's a good thing, really. I'm excited about starting work on the 19th. One more step on the climb to independence. I'm hoping to move out of my sister's house by mid September or early October at the latest. I will be going to an extended stay hotel in Champaign. It has a full size bed (gonna need to get sheets as my bed now is a twin and my old bed was a queen), television (but I'm going to see if they will remove it so I can have my 47 inch) with cable, internet, stove with two burners, full size fridge, sink, small table with chairs, a dresser, and of course the bathroom. I will also have room to bring my old wing chair recliner. It's not pretty but it sits nice and I can put my feet up at the end of the day. See, I cannot rent anywhere because I did not complete the lease Tim and I had and they reported me so no one wants to rent to me. I figure with this including all utilities, maid service every two weeks for good scrubbing, and saving that one hour round trip gas it will about come out even. And I'll be in the city, where it prefer to be near to things and public transit if I need it. I'm not going to lie. It's going to be tight but I'm sure I can make this work. My counselor agrees that I need to be on my own for a while, at least. I'm excited. Many (especially the sister I'm staying with) are discouraging me in this, but I know what I want and need. It is not a blind plan. I have thought this through and weighed other options including renting a place with my cousin and his mate; but I really want to be on my own. I'll be close enough to all of my family here and yet not answering to anyone but me. I'm ready to spread my wings and fly. I'm feeling excited, happy, and encouraged for the first time in a long time. Just wanted to share. (On the down side, I have been avoiding the conversation with my sister about leaving and my plans because she has made her feelings quite clear and it's not positive in my favor. So, I'm working my counselor on how to handle this added stress when I'm so happy.)
Friday, August 08, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
It sounds like a really doable plan.
Maybe your counselor, sister and you can set down and do a safety plan. Then you and your sis will know what to do if you start getting down again.
She is afraid for you. It is wonderful that you have a family that loves you so much.
You have to spread your wings so agreements will have to be made so they can let you fly and you can help their fears. I am so excited for you.
Post a Comment