Work is getting more and more crazy. Had to work the evening shift the other day and all I can say is "ick"! One of the girls was going off because she broke off with her boyfriend and he called her a "Ni..er". She was pacing and really wanted to destroy the home, but managed to keep control of herself.
At the same time, another girl decided that staff in general is treating her unfairly, taking her points, and she's tired of it. She started targeting newer staff, charging at them to punch them. She had to be restrained four times. She kicked me in my surgical leg. Thankfully, it didn't hurt. She had on houseshoes and didn't kick very hard. The really bad news is she reported while restrained, she was having flashbacks of past sexual abuse. This means we won't be able to restrain her anymore and she can really hurt someone or herself the next time she goes off. *sigh*
On another note, my program manager made a comment that had me just speechless. She stated she's going to ask the program director if I can be the evening supervisor again when the one who replaced me goes on maternity leave in eleven weeks. Okay, no big surprise there as I knew it would be coming but the rest of the comment is what positively floored me. She said they probably won't be adjusting my salary again. What the hell is up with that? Does she honestly think I'd go back to all that responsibility and headache and make $5000 less? Is she out of her freaking mind? My answer is YES! And I don't want that responsibility again. Was she not listening when I stepped down and gave my reasons for the step-down? It's all just too damn much!
No news yet on the Monday interview. They both seemed so positive at the interviews and now nothing. I really hate the waiting game. I'll never understand why they have to make a person wait and wait, wondering and worrying. Sometimes I feel like they figure you already have a job so no rush. I really want to call, but I'll wait until Monday. The supervisor of the department I'd be working said I'd hear something by the end of the week. I really hate if they don't offer you a job that you have to call them and bug them. What's up with that? Guess today is my day to rant. I could go on about another personal matter involving Mandi (the younger pregnant daughter) but I'm going to leave it be for now. Got to get ready to head off to work soon.
Thursday, January 18, 2007
Crazier and crazier
Posted by Karon at 1/18/2007 10:52:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Gee, Karon, it seems like they don't know how to take "no" for an answer at your job. I can see why you get frustrated. It's too bad because you seem to really care about the girls. When I think my teenager is being difficult, I try to remember how those girls behave. Feel free to share your rants here, that's what it's for. I'm sorry the people you interviewed with didn't even call. People can be so inconsiderate. I hope things improve for you soon.
Thanks for your blog, you make us all feel normal. You handle things so gracefully, You truly are an inspiration.
Post a Comment