
This is the finished blanket that I spent the last two years making for my granddaughter Cecilia. She'll be two years old on February 13th. I guess better late than never, right? I found I'm not the seamstress I thought I was when I put the binding on the blanket. That was probably the most difficult part of the entire process. It isn't perfect, but grandma made it with LOTS of love and spent hours and hours doing it. Hope she likes it!
I've now moved on to the one I'm making for the new baby due April 27th. It's not quite as complicated as this one was, but it is my second blanket. I hope my skills binding improve as I finish each one. Even if it doesn't, at least the girls will have something made by grandma to cherish.
Monday, January 29, 2007
Finished
Posted by Karon at 1/29/2007 04:28:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hi Karon.........It is a good thing needlework gifts have a sentimental value because if you were making it to sell no one could afford to buy it if you priced it according to the time you put in it. Your quilt is beautiful. Cecilia will cherish it more with each passing year.
I'm anxiously looking forward to your newly designed blog page. Maggie
What an adorable blanket. I'm sure Ceci will love it especially since grandma made it with love in each stitch. I know I cherished my baby blanket that my grandma made for me. I had it on my bed every day. It finally fell apart when I was 16, but I still have a piece of it that I made into a pillow:)
What a lovely blanket. I enlarged the picture so I could see all the detail. There sure is a lot of love in the blanket. I'm sure she'll love it. You should feel a great sense of accomplishment getting that done. That's a lot of work you put in. Congrats on finishing a beautiful piece.
That is a beautiful blanket. My mother-in-law has crochet all of her grand and great grand kid throws and pillows. They treasure them as your grandkids will treasure the blankets you are making for them.
Janet
Post a Comment