CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 12, 2007

Doctor Visit Update

I did go see my doctor. She was thrilled with my blood pressure at 112/72. We discussed my weight bouncing up and down the same 5-6 pounds from 399-405 and how I'm really frustrated with it right now. If I were a weaker person, I'd just say 'to heck with it all' and quit. But I'm not so no worries about quitting.

We talked about Meridia, Xenical, and Byeeta (sp?). She gave me a script for Meridia. She advised me that it works well for some and not at all for others. This is a way to jump-start things again. It is not a long-term plan. She agreed with the calories/fat/protein/carbs ratios that Spark has given me to follow. She said I'm doing pretty well with my walking and need to make sure to continue that.

We also discussed depression (at the prompting of my dear hubby). If I continue to struggle with it as I have been, meds may be in my future for that as well. I'd really rather not take those, but will if it comes right down to it.

All in all it was a good visit. I will continue to track calories, walk, and take things one day at a time. I am going to beat this weight once and for all. It's just taking a heck of a lot longer than I ever thought it would.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Yeah Karon!!!!!!!!!!

Janet said...

I was reading last evening and found an article which stated that often people with atypical depression have significant carbohydrate cravings.
Depression is an actual physical problem in the brain. The chemicals are out of whack. Sometimes our bodies need a little help getting the chemicals back in balance.
Have a great day