CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Update on Meridia

Stopping by to say hello and wish everyone a wonderful end to the Sabbath. I've had a good day. I went ahead and started the Meridia on Friday. Had a mild problem (upset tummy and none too pleasant other stuff) at the end of the day. It could have been the medication, however, the side effect is constipation and not the other. LOL Too much info I know and I do apologize. It could also have been the salad I had at McDonald's as sometimes salads out act as a laxative for me. At any rate, I am tracking what I'm eating and for the last three days have stayed well within my calorie range at Sparkpeople.

I have to call the dietician that works with my medical group tomorrow and set up an appointment. Was hoping the insurance would cover a bariatric dietician, but not right now. That's okay. I'll go see this one with an open mind and hopefully she'll tell me something I don't already know. I've printed up my SP Nutrition reports to take with me so she'll know how I've been eating. Should I learn anything useful, I'll be sure to pass it on.

Raining in my corner of the world today. I don't mind it, really. It's been a while since we had a real rain. I'm going to make a pot of chili in a bit. I'll measure everything I put into it (which I don't usually do) so I can track the total calories and figure out how much for a one cup serving. I'm pretty sure I'll eat more than a cup, but that will be my starting point. At least done this way, I can enter it into my SP nutriton tracker and know from now on what I'm getting when I eat my own chili.

3 comments:

Janet said...

How to you make your chili? I keep looking for good chili recipes.

Karon said...

Janet ... I use one pound of very lean ground beef. I brown that and add one medium red/purple onion and cook until tender. I like those because they're sweeter than the yellow ones. Add one package of chili seasoning. (I generally use mild as we don't like it too spicy.) To that I then add three cans of tomatoes (generally ones like green pepper, onion, and celery ... zesty chili ... garlic and onion, etc sometimes I use low sodium or no salt tomatoes, depends on my mood). Two cups of low sodium V-8 juice finishes it off. I let it all simmer together for about half an hour then turn it off. Re-heated chili always tastes better to me than fresh made. Of course when I eat it, I add either 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter or a little I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. Don't know why, I just do! Good luck.

Janet said...

Sounds yummy. I will give it a try.