CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 29, 2007

Frustrated

Frustration has set in. I am so tired of losing 3-5 pounds and then bouncing up and down forever. The Meridia did help me to drop 12 pounds and get below 400 pounds. Since then I've been bouncing up and down 395-399. I guess I should be happy I'm remaining below 400 but I'm not really. I'm so tired!

Went to the dietician and she wants me to increase my carbohydrates. What? I'm not a low-carb freak, but I do some limiting of carbs. She claims that I don't get enough carbs to level out my blood glucose levels which keeps my metabolism from working at it's ultimate level. Whatever! I followed her advice for a week and it's gotten me absolutely no where!

She also wants me to increase my fiber. I don't have any issues with the 'cleansing of my body' but she claims I don't get enough of that either. I have tried, but again, it doesn't seem to make much difference. I eat plenty of natural fruits and veggies so always figured fiber was the least of my concerns.

I started taking Centrum Silver to ensure that I'm getting the proper nutrients. I also now chew up two Viactiv chews per day to help me with calcium. I don't like milk. Most of my calcium I get from cheese. Cheese can be high in sodium, the one thing she said I get too much of. No kidding! Sodium is in EVERYTHING. Do you hear the frustration?

There are days when I just want to give up. I want to believe that the Lord doesn't want me to stay fat forever, but with each obstacle I come up against, I have to wonder. I know I've "dieted" my way to being this fat. If only I'd been happy to weigh 232 all those years ago, I'd never have yo-yoed my way up to 530 pounds. How sad is it that the one thing I wanted so desperately (to be a thin and normal person ... and yes normal is relative) would cause me to be so damned fat? I know it makes me sad and I'm oh so tired of it being the focus of all that I am.

As to work and my blog, I did a search and found only one post that mentioned the company by name. I took that sentence out and there are now no concerns on that front. And speaking of work, I'm actively going to look for a new job. I'm tired of the screwed up hours and the thanklessness of this job. I'm praying about it and sure hope that the Lord provides some guidance in all of this.

I'll try not to disappear for quite so long. Didn't mean to make anyone worry. I just have been so frustrated and felt I had nothing to say. Obviously by the length of this post, I have a LOT to say, huh. LOL

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karon!

It's great to hear from you, I was starting to get worried. I understand your frustration, I really do. I'll keep you in my prayers on the weight loss and job fronts.

Why not give the dieticians advice a few weeks....I think those kinds of changes take about a month to really kick in, right?

I've been thinking I need a multivitamin as well, to help strengthen my immune system.....seems like this time of year I catch everything that comes along.....

Okay, I wish I could be of more help. I'm rooting for you and praying for you.

Take care!

Ann

Shirley said...

Glad to know you're still alive and blogging! Wish I had some magic potion for you that would take all the problems away immediately.

Janet said...

Practicing good health habits is very hard when we are used to using food for comfort.
I am sending strong hopeful thoughts your way.

Janet said...

When I woke up this morning I realized that I am the one who uses food for comfort. I don't eat to nourish myself. I eat to comfort myself when I am bored, depressed, happy, celebrating or whatever.
I pray for you and me.

Anonymous said...

Karon try this diet, looks crazy but works and is easy to follow;
Weight lose 4 idiots.
Yes, it`s the name look for it in the web.
You need to do it for 11 days, then stop for 3 days, then 11 again, as long as you want....
Hope it works for you...
Keep going, life is good !!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Karon.

I'm sorry to hear you are stalled. I was excited when I heard about the drop below 400. I am praying for you. Whenever I read your site here, I pray for you. Seems the Lord brings you to mind to go here and check how you are doing.

Not sure this will help, but I think you know that I was doing the Weight Watchers thing. I hit "Lifetime" status last November and have been slowly, but surely, gaining weight since then. I had lost 40 lbs and now have gained 20 of that back. I know that the numbers are less in an absolute sense, but I am very discouraged that I couldn't manage to keep from getting back to this point. I guess I say all that to say that I understand your frustration.

Just DON'T give up, dear.

Maybe I'll see you around the Cabin. I've been trying to be more regular there.

- Randy (Barnabas)

Boshi said...

Frustration is part of the journey, isn't it? I hate it myself. The weight loss will kick in soon. You have a plan...just stick to it. If the plan's not working....change the plan. I don't agree with the dietician...I don't agree with dietician's in general. I've had my run-ins with them and have walked away frustrated. You know what works best for you. Sometimes it's best to just shut out everything and listen to your heart. It'll come together soon. You've come such a long way. Don't throw in the towel now!

Janet said...

Whenever you don't blog for a while I start wondering what has happened with you. If your alright and if your family is doing well.
So instead of imagining that your not having good fortune, I will imagine that you have won a huge pot of money from the lottery.
Sending loving and caring thoughts your way.