CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

My Life is a Hot Mess

I don't know exactly who reads here but I'm finding there are days I have to get stuff out. I have appreciated the few comments left for me. They are sometimes revealing and sometimes encouraging, but always appreciated. I also appreciate that anyone who had something negative say has kept it to themself. This post has nothing to do with grief, or maybe it does. You decide. I'm just going to let the words flow.

Almost a year ago life as I knew it changed forever. If you've read here before you know the details. Tim died. I lost my husband, my best friend, my rock. I lost my job. I lost my apartment. I lost my identity as a wife, a teacher assistant, a caretaker all at the same time. I thought I would be okay. I guess to a lot of people I am okay. Life goes on. I have good days and I have bad days. Some days are bad for no reason I can figure out. I'm told that's normal given my circumstances. Other days I allow people to influence my day negatively. I know it but can't seem to stop it. I am aware of this happening. I am working on either removing those people from my life or at least moving away from them but it's hard. It's hard because I have to decide who is telling the truth and who is not. I have to decide who I want to keep in my life and who I want to let go. I have to trust that my decisions are the best for me and I just don't know anymore.

This has been a really hard week for me. My youngest daughter was told a truth about something I did and she finds it unforgivable. She has every right to be angry with me. I accept that what I did was wrong. I do not accept that she feels it's okay to speak to me the way she has. I am still her mother. She has accused me of not being there for her. She accused me of choosing someone else over her.she accused me of caring about someone who is not family more than I care about her. Oh, my heart is heavy and filled with so much sadness. She ordered me to get out of her house. So I did. And I don't know that I will ever be welcome back. What's been said cannot be taken back. It was hurtful. Yes, the truth hurts, but saying things does not mean they are true. In her eyes, I am guilty of everything she accused me of. In mine, I am a fifty-two year old woman who is mired deep in grief who deserves to choose her own friends. And that is the crux of the issue.

I've shed a lot of tears in the last three days. I don't know what to do. I pray God gives me guidance because I am lost, totally and completely lost. I know He is near and knows my pain. I don't even know when or if I'll ever get to see my grandson again. Those of you who know me well know that he has been my joy and the one thing I've been able to use as a focus to keep going.

Today, I ate three small Dove candies. The wrappers had the following words of wisdom, in this order:  1) Do what feels right. What does that mean? Nothing feels right anymore. I feel like my life is slowly and steadily falling apart.  2) Follow your instincts. If I did that, I would pack up my clothes, get in my car and just drive away. I'm not sure where I would go; maybe Mississippi, maybe the St. Louis area. It would hurt because I'd be leaving Brody behind. He's already had his daddy ripped from his life. How do I rip his Gamma from his life, too? And how do I explain to anyone how I just walk away. It doesn't mean I'm turning my back on anyone. I just need space and time to put my life back together. I know for certain my youngest daughter would NEVER understand and see it as being abandoned again. 3). Dream. I'm afraid to dream. I'm afraid to think about what might make me happy. I'm not sure I know what will make me happy. I just know I'm not happy here, in this space, living this life, going through so much pain and sorrow.

Getting these three wrappers kind of gave me pause today. What if I do know what feels right,? What if I did follow my instincts? What if I dared to dream? And what if I hurt or destroy others in the process? That is my struggle. That is what I have to figure out. I don't know how to get where I need to be. I sit and I cry because I'm so tired. I'm so frustrated. I want to help and support everyone and I can't. And I don't know how to move on. And God, I miss Tim. He was my rock. He was a great listener and he had a lot of wisdom. And he's gone. And I can't hear his voice anymore. I don't feel him near. I feel adrift, ripped apart, my heart torn to shreds. And I don't know what to do.

This my outlet. I hope getting it out will help to let it go. I learned a lot about myself during my time in Mississippi. And I did it while blogging. So here I am again. That handful of you reading, I thank you. I don't expect anything but it helps to just get it out. Time to blow my nose, dry my tears, and pull myself together. Tomorrow is a new day and The Lord willing, I get to try to get it right one more time. God bless!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you Karon. You will find yourself again. I believe that even if you can't right now.

Love, Suzy

Anonymous said...

Deb here. Without knowing the details of what happened, all I can say is that family issues are sometimes very messy because of perceptions and memories and general human fallibility. Sounds like your daughter is going through a process very much like the grief process you're both going through over Tim, dealing anger and whatever else over the situation you mentioned. It will likely take time to sort things out. Perceptions we have as young people sometimes change as we grow and mature and get more life experience. And sometimes they don't. You have no control over how your daughter will ultimately work through this issue. It does suck, and it also is what it is. Hopefully you'll be able to work through the issue over time, and if not, then you have choices of your own to make. One step at a time...