I get that these are minor things to some but damn! I'm irritated.
I was asked to load the dishwasher this morning. You knew you were cooking a holiday meal for over a week. Why did you not do the dishes yesterday? But, being the person I am, I bit my tongue and loaded the dishwasher. In fact, neither of them could have fit everything in. They have no clue how to successfully load a dishwasher to the maximum.
So, then I've been gone day to alleviate my stress and tension in the house. I come home to find my three good paring knives sticking down the garbage disposal. Hello! I've had those knives for two years, they are still sharp, because I take care of them. If you can't wash them up and put them back, then don't touch them. They are mine! They were expensive.
I also notice the beaters to my mixer are in the sink. I cleaned up those same beaters plus two more sets (never did figure out why he used all three-a whisk, an egg beater, wide beaters) last night after you made pie batter, used my mixer, and did not put it away. It is a hand mixer. It has a plastic case it sits in that holds the beaters and power cord when not in use. You left it strung out everywhere last night. So, I get home and the beaters are dirty in the sink, the mixer is tossed in a cabinet, and the handy case is no where to be found. I eventually found it shoved in a drawer! What the hell!??! I got that mixer for a wedding gift thirty-one years ago. Again, there is a reason it looks new and still works after all of this time!
I am so tired of the disrespect and utter lack of regard for me and my things. If I use something of theirs, I clean it and put it back EXACTLY how and where I found it. I mean damn. If it isn't yours, either do the same or don't touch my shit!
Side notes...I find it hysterical that they bought, cooked, and transported the follow food--12 lb turkey, mashed potatoes, candied yams, green bean casserole, stuffing, and pumpkin pies--to his sister's house and there is not a scrap of food anywhere. You would never know these kids cooked dinner here at all. And I'm wondering what in the hell his sister contributed to the meal? It's just funny to me that there are no leftovers.
I had an awesome day, though. Going to my nephew's was totally the right thing to do. He smoked two turkeys. My sister, my nieces, and I all contributed to the meal. It was awesome. We had, in addition to the turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn casserole, broccoli cauliflower salad, cheese ball and crackers, celery, dinner rolls, pumpkin pie, apple pie, and cookie dough dip with graham crackers. We HAD leftovers! LOL I chose not to bring any home, thinking there would be some here. Joke's on me, I guess. After dinner, we played Cards Against Humanity. It was a total blast! We laughed and had such a good time.
I missed spending the day with my own little family. I'm not even gonna lie about it. I missed cooking the meal. I missed the parade. I missed watching football. I missed all the grandkids loving on me. But this time of year has become so dysfunctional for Mandi, Crys, and I that I know I did the right thing, removing myself from it all. Right now, as much as it hurts to say it, I'm planning to do the same thing come Christmas. I don't know what I'll do, yet, but I will not be here.
Lord, please help Bryan and I find a place and get moved. I'm ready for total peace.
Thursday, November 24, 2016
Respect
Posted by Karon at 11/24/2016 07:29:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment