CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 11, 2006

What a fun night!

Warning ... contains a rant about work. It was NOT a fun night at all!

Work was total HELL last night. You know it's going to be a bad night when the other supervisor calls you three times before you go into work!

One of our girls (AB) somehow bought an X-box video game on Saturday that is totally inappropriate for our home. It's got shooting, swearing, sex, UGH! When confronted about it, she became ugly and ended up assaulting the three morning staff. Police were called and she was arrested. I don't know if staff is going to press charges or not but my personal opinion is they should. We cannot let these girls think they can put their hands on us and have no consequences.

So I get to work and they haven't even had lunch yet. The cook brings our lunch over and some girls eat. AB is firmly planted in front of the TV playing said video game. We are waiting for the psych assessor to arrive and tell us if she's going to the psych hospital or not. She finally arrives at 5:15 PM and assesses AB. Ends up she is going to the psych hospital but the worker doesn't tell her. She leaves our home to go to another and says she'll be back later to tell her.

Meanwhile, AB is flipping out wanting to know how we can have her assessed when there is no therapist there on Sunday. She goes on ranting about how she can't go to the hospital because she has a job now. (Should have thought about that sooner, I guess.) No one tells her she's going to the psych hospital because none of us want to deal with it and I know she's going to run if she finds out.

Sure enough, up pulls the ambulance and she starts in wanting to know who it's there for and why they always come to our home. I don't answer her. She goes out the back door. Only myself and one other staff in the home with six other girls so no way either of us can track her. I let the ambulance guys know she ducked out the back door right now thinking they might see if they can grab her. No dice. They call in to dispatch who tells them to leave but we can call them back if she comes home. *sigh*

They drive off and AB comes pounding on the door to get in. We let her in and she goes to her room. Meanwhile, the other staff has been working and has obtained permission to call the police should she return for assistance getting AB into the ambulance.

As AB heads out the front door with a backpack over her shoulder, a police car pulls up. AB starts to swear and turns around heading for the back door. I alert the police woman and she heads off to track her. She caught her before she got too far. We had eight police units respond! I tell you, when this crap happens it's like you're in a movie or something.

They walk her back to the home. She's ranting about how staff punched her in the face earlier in the day. Didn't happen, or if it did, I don't know about it. She never mentioned it to me. Fishy story at best! The ambulance returns and with some reluctance and assistance from the police, AB climbs on the gurney and is hauled off to the psych hospital. *sigh*

Thus starts the endless hours and hours of paperwork. I hate that crap but everything has to be documented. I should have left at 10 PM but it was almost 11 before I got out of there.

Now ask me, did I get the budget done that is due to be turned in today. The answer would be a resounding NOPE! Didn't even have time to look at it. Grabbed everything from the PM office (she's on vacation) and made my way home. Find out this morning that the staff from yesterday forgot to leave me the receipts from taking two girls clothing shopping. Right now I have over $100 unaccounted for and the budget is due today! ARGH! *big sigh* I did manage to make things balance using old receipts, but it wasn't easy. The PM will need those receipts for next week so it's going to be okay but I hate when crap like this happens when I'm "in charge". This is making that split shift, non-supervisor position look more and more promising! *bigger sigh*

Sorry for the long rant. That's how my evening went, though. Doesn't this sound like everyone's dream job? *laughing* Ah but life is good!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Ugh, doesn't sound like the funnest work day for you. I hope things get better for you soon.

Shirley said...

It's been rough at work for everyone. Glad I don't have to deal with the worst of my problems in person - it's bad enough having to pretend to be calm on the phone, I know I'd totally lose it if I had to deal with the stuff you handle. Hope it calms down for you soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karon!

I'm glad to see you posting again, I was getting worried about you. Sounds like you're up to your eyeballs in life and work, hope you're taking it all in stride the best you can.

I'm sorry to hear that Tim is being lax with things, but you're right...it's his body, his life.

I hope "AB" stays in the psych hospital for a while, till they can get her under control....I can't imagine dealing with that type of person. I have little tolerance for that kind of stuff...just ask my 5 year old!

Anyway, I'm hoping the new year brings a new me.....this year has been a complete flop. I'm working with a preventative medicine Dr. who specializes in weight loss, just getting started, so I'm hoping that I can finally get my food demons under control and get myself the body I deserve.

I thank you for being an inspiration to me, though I haven't done much with that inspiration. I've been a lot of talk but absolutely no forward ACTION, but I'm realizing that and forward I go. Care to join me?

I'm sorry you're feeling so stressed about everything and hope you'll share what you're learning about grief/anger management with me because it's important.

I think of you daily and am glad you're back posting!

Love,
Ann

Caré said...

YIKES! What a horrible day!