CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year

I've been searching for the right template to get me started on my new and improved blog page. Nothing has grabbed me and I'm not quite as adventurous as Willow Moon to just "tweak a few things". I have very little confidence in my abilities to do it myself. I'm working on overcoming that, though.

Work has been rough this past week. Doesn't help any that instead of a day off after my overnight shift, this week I have three overnight shifts back to back. Tonight is the last of them. Whew! I seem to do okay until the last couple hours then it just kicks me in the ass.

And can I just say I'll be glad when tomorrow gets here and the holidays are officially behind us? Those girls have been off the wall crazy. The home has been tore up more in the last two weeks than in the last two months! Last night I go in to work and though everyone should have been in bed already, there were six of the nine girls up, acting like total fools! One had trashed the home earlier in the evening. The others were basically feeding into her behavior and just being ignorant. I hate that crap! It was just after midnight when we finally got everyone into their rooms. Two of the girls were up until after 3 in the morning talking on pre-pay cell phones (ones that have the "bee-beep" feature). ARGH! I'm so ready for them to go back to school and if we could unload a couple to other placements that would suit me just fine!

Enjoying the heck out of my MP3 player. It was so darned easy to load with music that it's full. It held the equivalent of about ten CDs. I know that I'll be changing out some of the songs, and may even delete parts of each CD I loaded to make room for other stuff, but for now I'm really digging it just the way it is! This one is so easy to load music onto.

Wishing each of you a happy new year. I'm going to try to get the new blog page up and running tomorrow (my day off thankfully) but no promises. Part of the day will be spent sleeping. I work day shift Tues and off Weds then days again on Thursday. I work overnight on Friday and then get Saturday and Sunday off. Don't know I'm sharing my work schedule but oh well, deal with it!

Happy New Year to all ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Karon. I hope '07 brings you happiness and prosperity... and a smaller clothing size. ;)

Love ya',

~Eric

Shirley said...

Happy New Year! Here's to new beginnings!