And so it has begun.
I've finished my breakfast. I had one Morningstar veggie sausage patty, a cup of cantaloupe (yes, I did measure it in a measuring cup so I'd be sure and wow, LOW in cals), two packages of Quaker Weight Control oatmeal (I cannot make myself eat just one but figure with the amount of cals I'm supposed to eat in a day it won't matter), and a tbsp of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter in the oatmeal. Tracked it all and breakfast cost me about 1/3 of my total calorie intake for the day. I figure all in all that's not too bad.
I am coming to a big revelation for me. I rationalize every single bad choice I make. See the notes above about the two packages of oatmeal. I imagine I don't NEED two packages but one seems like so little food. In the future, if I can't make myself eat only one, then I'm not going to buy oatmeal anymore. This has got to stop and now is the time!
When I don't do a real walk (planned) I tell myself things like "Oh, I walked at the grocery store." So what?! Another fifteen minute walk won't kill me. And that walk will likely be more beneficial as it means I'm in constant motion and not stopping and starting.
I'm going to ask my friends (and that means you all here with me) to help me to stop making excuses. When you see them, if I don't mention them, point them out to me. Maybe if I know others are aware of what I'm doing, it will keep me more on the straight and narrow.
Gosh, but I'm loving having my internet back again!
Oh, and Janet ... I tried to touch base with Paul and his blog is now private by invite only. I've not heard from him in quite some time. I miss many of my friends from days gone by that I haven't kept in touch with. Over the next week or so, I'm going to try to touch base with many of them again.
Dang, forgot to say the official weigh-in this morning was 403.5. I seem to be stuck around the 400 pound mark. I have to get below it, and know I will with hard work, determination, committment, sweat, moving my arse, and making the right choices when I eat.
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Renewed Committment
Posted by Karon at 9/27/2007 10:23:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Glad you've got internet service.
Let's talk OATMEAL. One packet of the weight control oatmeal is 160 calories. Multiply it by two, and you've got 320, and it still isn't a bowlful.
Plain Quaker Quick Oatmeal is 150 calories for half a cup, dry. So is the generic store brand that comes in the big round carton. Add a cup of water and nuke it for a few minutes. You still have plenty of calories left to add your own milk, sweetener, and something tasty to flavor it. (Sprinkle of nuts?) Plus you have a BIG bowlful of it.
Those little packets are murder on your diet, and murder on your wallet. Go back to real food!
Willow ... I do see your point. I guess for me it's more about the convenience. A half cup of oatmeal doesn't seem like much but I have to cut the calories somewhere. I ate more for breakfast than I did for lunch (salad with grilled chicken and a tortilla) which is ridiculous!
Hi Karon!
I'm still here! I stopped checking in regularly when you said you wouldn't have internet access but I'm sure glad you are "back"! I think you'll find that a lot of your old friends are still around and rooting for you.
Life here is good. It's Ramadan right now, so days are spent fasting. The whole family has been through a nasty cold that's going around. I'm at the tail end of it right now. It's one of those ones that hangs on forever.
Getting back into the school routine with the kids, hoping to be able to head back to the gym once Ramadan finishes on the 12th of October.
So that's the scoop from SoCal. Those grandbabies of yours sure are cute!!!
Talk to you soon!
Ann
Post a Comment