CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 05, 2007

Thanks!

Just wanted to say a big thank you to those of you who have been visiting me lately. It's been great to stop in and find so many are reading my witless musings. LOL

I had to stop taking the Meridia. I think it made me constipated and has created another problem. I'll talk with my doctor and see what she has to say. I'm praying she doesn't want to do a colonoscopy. I know it isn't a big deal. Tim has had two of them and a couple endoscopies as well. I just don't want to have one myself.

The weight continues to bounce from 395-397. I'm going to just do what I know works and see what happens. I have to track the calories throughout the day. I have to drink my water. I have to get off my butt and move more. I'm slowly getting there and know that I'm not giving up. It's such a slow process but perhaps it's best for my body this way.

I watch a progam on Discovery Health Channel every week called Big Medicine. Last week's episode had a lady on there who had lost 200 pounds following gastric bypass surgery. The skin hanging was not pretty. She was trying to get surgery to have the skin removed but her insurance company sees this as cosmetic surgery no matter what her doctors have said. She gets rashes where the skin touches and has back problems from the weight of the skin pulling her forward. They don't care. In the back of my mind, I worry about having the same issue. But ... losing weight as I am, I'm also praying that it won't be such a big issue. She had surgery to lose weight and lost it quickly so her body could not adjust. I can't concern myself with the what if's though. Getting the weight off is the most important thing. I'll tackle the rest when the time comes.

Life is good. Work is busy and I've been working extra days. If I don't post much for the next few days it's because I'm working extra shifts and just don't have the time. No worries. "I'll be back!" (said in my best Arnold voice) *giggles*

2 comments:

Boshi said...

You sound much more positive, Karon! What a difference a few days make. Your plan is sound. Stick with it and how can you fail? I've thought about the skin issue, too; but I don't let it get to me. Right now the extra fat pounds are the issue. Keep up the great work, Karon. And you're right. No worries!

Bosh

Janet said...

Really so glad to see your post. You sound so positive.
I agree with Boshi, You plan is sound, stick to it. Writing down every morsel of food and exercising does work.
I can identify with the work situation. I used to go through "crazy hours and extra days". Being partially retired is wonderful. Just getting my house organized will be great.
Sending loving thoughts and prayers your way.