CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Doctor Appts

I met with the gastroenterologist yesterday. He basically explained the upper endoscopy procedure and h-pylori biopsy to me. His nurse scheduled it and then called me later to say I couldn't have it done in the surgical center but had to have it done in the hospital. I'm guessing that's because of my weight and any risks that might be involved.

I met with my PCP for my monthly visit. It went okay. He put in referrals for me to see the exercise guru and the psychologist. He said that the psych one may get kicked back. He's supposed to call the bariatric treatment center to find out how to handle it. Insurance says it's not a medical issue. Psych will say it is because of it being for bariatric surgery. *sigh* Just one more hoop to get through.

Went to a nutrition group for those who are going to have or who have had bariatric surgery. It was interesting. It really was all about support. I did get to taste two protein drinks. One was so bad I thought I was going to gag. The other one, I think I could deal with.

I am sick this morning. Woke up barely able to breathe. Sinuses are draining, I guess. Got sick and feel like crap. And so ... it's off to work I go!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karon!

Sorry to hear you're sick, that's no fun at all! I hope you feel better pronto. Do you have to drink mainly protien drinks after you have surgery? It'd be great if you could find one you REALLY like since it'll probably be a big part of your food for a long time.

I am happy to read that things are moving along for you!

Love,
Ann

Anonymous said...

I used to follow your blog quite a while back. I returned to it a couple of nights ago to find you had decided on Surgery. I just wanted to wish you the best for the surgery. I often wondered why you didn't go for this option a long time ago. I'm so glad you made this decision. It can only get better from there. I'll be following your journey, and praying for you.

Lorraine

Janet said...

It is no fun to go to work sick. I will be glad when spring gets here and maybe we can get rid of these upper respiratory infections.
Working with insurance can be very interesting and frustrating.
At least your a little bit closer.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so when you DO find a protein drink that you really like, will you share?? :) I am not looking forward to the 'trial and error' part of finding protien. I am glad that things are moving along for you.
Having to go to work sick, plain sucks. Hope that you are feeling better by now as I am a little late checking up. Feel better. Jamie