Sorry for the delay in posting. I went down to my sister's this past weekend and kept my granddaughters (ages 7 mos and 3 yrs) overnight. They were quite the handful but I had a blast.
I also played Dance Dance Revolution with my sister and had fun. I tried to do a slower song by myself but it was a no go. So, we shared the same pad and I did the forward and right steps while she did the backward and left steps. We actually did pretty well that way and it was just as fun!
As far as the surgery process ... I have an appointment early Weds morning with the endocrinologist for a consultation. He will then need to schedule me for an endoscopy and a h-pylori biopsy. Hopefully, that will be done soon so it won't hold me up.
After that appointment, I have an appointment with my primary physician. I will need to ask if I have to do lab work again that was done in February or can they use that. I need a definitive answer. I have the order from the surgeon to have the blood work done so if I need it, I'll get it done Weds morning.
I also need to get two referrals from my PCP. I need one to meet with the exercise person. I'm looking forward to it. I think I'll suggest water aerobics and the recumbent bike for my exercise. I also need the referral for the psychological. That one can take a few weeks to get the results back from so I need it done like yesterday!
And then, in the early evening, I will go to my second required support group meeting. This one is a post-surgery nutrition group. They share recipes and talk about how to get the necessary nutrients to keep the body going. I'm looking forward to it.
Next week, on Tues I go to the imaging department to have my gall bladder ultrasound. That will leave me with just the psych, exercise, and pulmonary appts. The pulmonary appt is the most frustrating right now. I am waiting for a cancellation so I can be seen earlier than June. Once I have everything else done, I will hound them daily until they get me in. I am not going to let one consultation hold me back for a long time. I'm ready to do this now.
So, as you can see, I'm doing fine. My weight continues to bounce up and down 405-410. I hate to admit it, but I've accepted that's the way it's going to be until I resolve the surgery issue. Until then, I've joined a group online at Yahoo! Groups for additional support, horror stories, and information. I figure one can never be too informed. I want to know everything I'm letting myself in for. After all, this is a lifetime committment and one that cannot ever be changed.
Monday, March 17, 2008
What's Happening?
Posted by Karon at 3/17/2008 07:03:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am praying so hard for you!! I know your going to give it 150%.
That Dance Dance sounds like fun and some good exercise.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I just happened to go there today and couldn't believe it was so long since my last entry. Just finished blogging now. Thanks again!
I'm not a fan of any type of weight loss surgery. But that's me. You need to do whatever you feel you need to do. My opinion shouldn't enter into it at all...so I'll keep my opinions to myself! lol
Bosh
Post a Comment