CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 27, 2008

Quick Update

Stopping in with a quick update and then it's off to bed for me. I am pretty tired this morning and have had the mother of all headaches for most of the night.

I got a call from the bariatric treatment center my surgeon is with. They said that they were ready to fax my chart to the surgeon for his approval and discovered that the nurse had marked off that they have received psychiatric clearance, but they have not. She requested I call the doctor I saw and ask her to fax the report to them so they can then get the chart to my surgeon. Naturally I did that immediately! LOL

I'm still going to and loving the water aerobics classes. I end up with some muscle tenderness after each class, but I figure that's a good thing. They seem to work different parts of the body and that is nice so we don't get tired of it or bored with it. This past Wednesday it was the arms. One of the gals in class (who just got approval for lapband surgery on July 14th) said she wants "fabulous arms" so the instructor focused on our arms. Can I just say mine were screaming "stop" long before she moved on to the core? Still it wasn't bad and I am slowly making friends there who understand all I'm going through right now. I will definitely be going to the support group meetings every month post surgery. I'm also going to join the other exercise classes post surgery when the surgeon says it's okay to return exercising. I will already know people there and that's half the battle. The other half is it's a class for large people or people who've been large so I just don't have to be so self conscious about how I look.

Anyway, thanks to all for stopping by and posting. It's nice to have the support. Randy, I have misplaced your email addy. Maybe I need to stop by 'The Cabin' if I can find the link for it and see how things are going with you, Eric and the others. Have you heard from Karen lately? Last I knew she was very ill and I've been thinking about her a lot lately.

Take care all and I'll update again soon.

1 comments:

Janet said...

Hi Karon, Did you have a good 4th?
I did. Got the watch the baby watch her first fireworks. She loved them.
So glad to hear that you really like swimming and are forming a good support group. I bet your meeting some great people. Keep up the good work.