CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Water Aerobics

Okay, so I finally went to water aerobics last night. The pool has glass windows over it and the sun was shining yesterday. The water temp was 86 though it didn't feel that warm to me! The rest of the group assured me it was definitely warmer than usual.

Who knew one could sweat in the pool? I had it running over my face and into my eyes. I got quite the workout. I managed to pull something twice (once in my inner thigh doing a move and the other I twisted my knee). But no worries. I managed to keep up with everyone else and it was kind of fun. We lifted and pointed. We jogged. We did jumping jacks and scissor steps. We played volleyball. We used some kind of hand weight things and did a lot of movement with them. We did cross country skiing. We used "noodles" and rode bicycles in the water. It really wasn't like working out at all. After all the bouncing, we ended with stretching.

My knees ache, but I know that will pass in time. I have some aches in my thighs and in my arms and shoulders. I figure that's a sign that my muscles did some work. I will definitely go back and am enrolling in the class, twice a week for six weeks. I figure by the time the class ends, I will hopefully be headed for surgery. Everyone was very nice, though most of them were people who have been going to this class for more than a year, they welcomed me right in.

No one cared that I had on shorts and a t-shirt. One gal even said you'd be amazed at some of the outfits that people wear there! Now I just have to get my clothes dried out so I can go again tomorrow!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

It sounds like you had a nice time. I LOVE water aerobics:) Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Glad it was fun! Hope it gets easier over time, and that your balance and stamina increase :)

Janet said...

I love to swim and I am so glad you enjoyed your class. Keep up the good work.