CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 07, 2008

What a weekend!

I had the most wonderful weekend over the holiday weekend. We drove downstate and visited with my family. We stayed Thursday night with my brother and his wife. She made yummy spaghetti with tossed salad and garlic bread for dinner. We visited a little bit and then I fell asleep cuz I hadn't had much sleep before we drove down.

Friday got up and spent the day with my sister and her family. We went in her new pool which is really nice. She got steps that would support my weight. The water was very COLD but we survived. Moving around helped somewhat. Dinner there was steak on the grill with california blend veggies, au gratin potatoes, and crescent rolls. Yum! Dessert was turtle pie of which I had a sliver. Then we went to see the fireworks. I think it was the first time Tim and I had been to fireworks since our girls were little! They were AWESOME and we had a wonderful time.

Saturday we headed back to my brother's for fun in his pool. It is huge and the water was freezing! I managed to spend about two hours in there, though. My daughter showed up with Crys and Nadia and they joined me in the water for a little while. It was so much fun!

He had a lot of food there ... big fat hotdogs, various brats, chicken of all kinds, teryaki deer strips, baked beans, mac n cheese, au gratin taters, chips and dip, pickles, and then the most yummy mushrooms I ever tasted; not very diet friendly, but I didn't go hog wild. My sister-in-law cuts off the stem of the mushroom and stuffs a piece of kielbasa or sausage in there. She wraps two strips of bacon around it and secures it with a toothpick. She then bakes (or in this case grilled) them until the bacon is done. Oh my but they were delicious!

The bugs started to get to me so we left and went back to my sister's. We ended up getting into her pool (which was warmer than my brother's) and playing monkey in the middle with one of her sons and her hubby. It was so much fun! Relaxed and fell asleep so spent an extra night there.

This was the best weekend we've had in forever!

On the surgery front, I call the bariatric center today to make sure they finally got the psych report. The psychologist assured me last Tues she would send it by Friday. They will fax my chart to the surgeon on Weds and hopefully by Monday he'll send it on to the insurance company. It's all a waiting game now.

So that's that! God bless America, this beautiful land we live in. And may God bless you, too!

3 comments:

Janet said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. You might have gone over but all that swimming did you a lot of good.
You also burned quite a few calories keeping your body warm in that freezing water.
I had a great weekend myself. Grandkids and fireworks, good food, lots of talking, Just a good time.
Getting closer to your surgery. I pray for you.

Lisa said...

What a wonderful weekend! I'm glad you were able to spend some fun times with your family. Our pool has been pretty cold too, but we hop in and enjoy it anyway :)

Jamie said...

Ok...I'm jealous!! So glad you got to spend some awesome time away from work. Crossing my fingers that you hear from your insurance company SOON!