CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Busy Week

This last week has a busy one and the one coming up promises to be even more challenging. Doctor appointments, heading back to water aerobics (since I promised the trainer I would return once it was above 32 and it's heading into the 40s next week), exercise classes, and a new marriage group we joined at church ... well our week is full!

Here is a tidbit I got from the internet about how many pounds I've lost and how many calories I've burned. I find it interesting and love to see how it changes. The link is

http://www.naturalphysiques.com/howmanypounds/

Enjoy! I tried to post the link as clickable but it did not work. Sorry.

You entered 217 pounds (99 kilograms).

217 pounds is the average weight of 1.23 30-year old men.

How Much Fuel Is That?

To lose that amount of fat would mean to burn 759,500 calories or 3,177,748 KiloJoules! That is the equivalent of 24.54 gallons of gasoline. Humans, however, are far more efficient than cars, getting about 912 "miles to the gallon". If you could dump this many calories into the tank of a Honda Civic, you would be able to drive it about 833 miles before running out of gas!

Let's see how your goal would convert to other forms of fuel. 759,500 calories is equivalent to:

* 24.54 gallons of gasoline, or
* 271.25 pounds of coal, or
* 376.75 pounds of oven-dried wood, or
* 33.24 gallons of propane

This amount of energy would ...

* Brew about 2,118 pots of coffee, or
* Light a 60-watt light bulb for 14,712 hours (613 days = 1.73 years)

Cutting 759,500 calories is the same as saying "no" to:

* 9,494 apples, or
* 7,595 bananas, or
* 44,676 cups of cabbage (whew!), or
* 5,238 baked potatoes, or
* 9,494 large eggs, or
* 6,329 cups of 2% milk, or
* 547 pounds of ground beef, or
* 8,730 glasses of wine, or
* 2,351 Snickers bars, or
* 3,165 Clif Bars (4,219 Luna Bars), or
* 5,464 cans of Coke, or
* 4,468 pints of Guinness beer, or
* 1,544 Big Macs, or
* 1,475 Quarter Pounders w/ Cheese, or
* 1,085 Whoppers, or
* 2,302 Subway 6" Oven Roasted Chicken Breast sandwiches, or
* 4,468 Taco Bell crunchy tacos, or
* 3,232 slices of pepperoni pizza from Pizza Hut

What it Takes to Burn 759,500 Calories

To burn 759,500 calories, a 190 pound male would have to:

* Backpack for 1,257 hours (52 days) nonstop, or
* Walk for 2,910 hours (121 days) at 3 mph straight, or
* Walk 8,730 miles (5,456 kilometers), or
* Bike for 2,201 hours (92 days) at 10 mph, or
* Bike 22,014 miles (13,759 kilometers), or
* Play basketball nonstop for 1,211 hours 50 days), or
* Play billiards for 3,516 hours (147 days), or
* Go bowling for 2,932 hours (122 days), or
* Stay on the golf course for 2,201 hours (92 days), or
* Spend 979 hours (41 days) playing competitive football, or
* Jump rope for 925 hours (39 days) straight!

You would have to walk the length of England about 14.54 times to burn 759,500 calories.

Totally amazing!

(Oh, and Cindy, I am 5'6 inches tall.)

2 comments:

Janet said...

I am so glad you found that website.
This is how we could look at ourselves, as energy filled.

I did see a cartoon that said heavy people are that way because we are so smart our brains are full so some of the smartness has to leak into the rest of our body. :-)

Anonymous said...

I agree about the water aerobics. I stopped because of the cold weather too. I plan to start up in March because the cost is by the month.

Thanks for telling me your height. Its so hard to tell from pics. I am also 5'6".

Hope the week goes smoothly with all your many plans. You are one busy lady.

CindyV