I got the new job. I start on Monday so my last overnight shift will be tomorrow night (Thursday). I'm excited but scared too. It's a LOT of responsibility and will involve some challenges but I KNOW it is where the Lord wants me to be. One day at a time just like all the other changes I've made in my life.
For those who don't know, I will be a program manager in a group home. I will have eight new teen moms (most babies are newborns, oldest is four months old) and one pregnant teen in the home. I will supervise all shifts of staff and be involved in making policies and procedures and then enforcing them. I know it's going to be a lot of work but it's going to be so worth it. I want to make a difference in the lives of these young ladies and their babies.
I'm slowly approaching that milestone of being out of the 300s forever. As of today I'm now down to 305.6 which means in one year exactly from today I have lost 120 lbs. In total I've lost 225 lbs which is absolutely amazing to me!
I managed to buy my first pair of blue jeans in over 20 years today. Sure, they're stretch jean material. Sure they're still a size 26/28. Sure they have an elastic waistband, but doggone it, they're blue jeans! I'm looking forward to the day I can buy a pair of jeans with pockets, snaps or buttons, zipper, and belt loops. It's gonna come and I'm gonna enjoy that as much as my bargain today. Got them at my local Walmart on sale for $11. Woo hoo!
Hope everyone is having a great day. It's cloudy here in IL and supposed to snow or be icky later on. I have my nutrition support group tonight. I'm excited about going to that. Exercise classes are going well. A new six week session starts again next week. Between work and those classes I'm gonna be a busy lady but will still make time to get here and keep in touch with my friends.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
I got the job!
Posted by Karon at 2/18/2009 04:52:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Karon,
I know you will do a great job, it sounds like a good place to work, someplace where someone like you is needed.
Liz
Congrats on the new job! Even though you way it will be challenging, it actually sounds less stressful than what you have been doing. In any event, I'm sure you'll do a great job! (just like you've been doing on the weight loss... keep up the great work!)
*HUGS*
Nancy :-)
That's great Karon! I am keeping up with your blog to help keep me motivated! Good luck with the job...keep us posted!
Leanne
I am so proud of you. Getting a daytime job helping teen moms with their babies is wonderful. You will put your education, talents and skills to good use.
Getting your first pair of blue jeans is so awesome. You can run in them also.:-)
Girl you are such an inspiration.
Yay!!! A new job!!! Sounds like a better place to be than where you are now. Hopefully you won't have to wrestle anyone anymore!!
congrats on the blue jeans. That's so exciting!!! Can't wait to see you post a weigh in number that starts with a 2!!!
Go Karon!!
Hey Karon!
Wow! Lots of great news for you! Congrats on the new job and the new jeans. I'm sure working with teen moms will have it's own challenges but I know you're going to love it....and it's a regular work day too...can't beat that!
Ann
Post a Comment