Next week will be five months since my surgery. I decided to change my dates for weight, measurements, photos, and progress updates to the first of the month for simplicity sake. Here is how things are today.
Start Weight in Jan. 2005: 530 lbs.
Pre Surgery Start Weight in Feb. 2008: 425 lbs.
Surgery Day Weight in Sept. 2008: 387 lbs.
Current Weight today: 315 lbs.
As you can see I've come a LONG way! I've lost 72 lbs. since surgery and 215 lbs. since embarking upon this journey. I am proud of my accomplishments and progress.
Inches gone since surgery are as follows:
Bust -6 inches
Waist -6.5 inches
Hips -8.25 inches
Bicep -3.25 inches
Thigh -1.5 inches
Neck -1.5 inches
Total inches gone are 23.75! I think is quite an accomplishment.
The hubby took new pictures of me today. I am literally melting away and there is a considerable difference in the photos. I lost a total of 15 pounds during the month of January. My average weight loss since surgery has been about 3.4 lbs. per week. Now I've had weeks, like this one just past, where I lost nothing. I've had at least one week recently where I lost five pounds. But it's the average that is important to me. Yes, it's slow going but I feel GREAT and am getting healthy and that's what it's all about for me!
I'm not be in Onderland, YET. I'm not even out of what I've fondly called the Tri-Cities. I haven't entered Twoterville, but I'm getting doggone close. Yes, I've come a LONG way. I still have a ways to go but I know that I'm going to get there. One day, one step, one meal at a time ... I am going to do this!
Sunday, February 01, 2009
Five Months Post-Op and Progress is Being Made
Posted by Karon at 2/01/2009 02:02:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
You are looking awesome! And you are such an inspiration. You have set your mind on doing something and you are doing it with gusto. Keep up the good work, Karon, and you'll be at your goal before you know it.
Wow!!! Just Wow!!!!
So happy for you!
That is wonderful! You look great.
You look fantastic!! You're doing such a great job!! You go girl!!
*HUGS*
Nancy :-)
Honey, you are amazing! You look GREAT and I am sure you are a good example of what a positive attitude can do for all those girls you work with! Brava!
You look so good! I can see your waist and all kinds of new definition in your body. You have to be feeling amazing.
I've been wondering, How tall are you?
CindyV
HideyCat
Congratulations!! You look wonderful.
I think about how much you have been through and how you have changed and adapted to whatever happens. Your a pretty cool person.
Congrats! You are doing great! I check in about once a week but don"t comment. My prayers are with youand your family!
Take Care
Darlene "just me again"
hey there...its me Rhondakhe
your looking great1 keep it up. hugs
You are my inspiration.
Hope to be joining you real soon.
Got my approval, next is date!
Keep up the good work!
Liz
Post a Comment