My sister's daughter got sick yesterday and had to be taken to the emergency room. She had something happen where she had a stiff neck but when she went to sign her name on something, she couldn't raise her arm. Went to the ER and had a CT scan which showed nothing but some calcium deposits on her brain. They also did a spinal tap to rule out meningitis. I told my sister to go home. Her daughter needs mom a lot more than I need my sister right now.
My youngest daughter Mandi is coming to replace her. Could be an interesting situation. Mandi has a naturally squeamish tummy and now she's about two months pregnant. I'm betting looking at the incision will be her undoing every day! It's okay, though. She needs some TLC from mom right now.
As far as the healing process, my sister says it's looking really good. I've finally been able to look at the incision and though it's really red by my knees, the rest looks good. I'm in very little pain. It really only hurts very early in the morning so I take a pain pill then. I also take one before I go to bed. I'm sleeping pretty well and able to do most things with no problems.
I go back to see the surgeon on Wednesday. My sister thinks the staples will be removed then. The only area that we're not sure of is the bend of my knee. I guess I'll know more on Wednesday.
I'm going to do my best to get around to visit all the blogs of my friends in the next day or so. I know I've been remiss and hope you'll all forgive me.
Saturday, October 28, 2006
Change in Caregivers
Posted by Karon at 10/28/2006 10:19:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow! I just caught up on your last few entries and it sure sounds like things are going very well. HOORAY!
Good for you Karon! I am glad that things are going so well. About time!! :) I hope your niece is doing okay. How nice that you are going to get to spend some time with Mandi. Congratulations to her as well. Good luck on Wednesday!!
Post a Comment