A dear friend of mine measures things in how many more sleeps there are between now and an event in her life. It kind of rubbed off on me. I now have only four more sleeps until the big day arrives. It's all getting to be kind of surreal now.
I'm not worried at all. It is a necessary surgery. I have the utmost confidence in the surgeon. I like the hospital and the staff there have always treated me with the utmost care and excellence. I'm more concerned about the recovery period but I refuse to worry about it. Yep, I'm gonna be in some pain. But this too shall pass, right?
My oldest sister is coming up to stay a few days (probably the weekend) with me so that I won't have to worry so much about Tim or about getting things done at home. I'm glad someone will be here. She wants to know I can walk unassisted and take care of whatever needs taking care of before she'll leave us to fend for ourselves. It's a big relief for me.
I go under the knife on Thursday. I was given the definite all clear by the cardiologist last week. He said I have no blockages and no problems with my heart so it won't be an issue during surgery. He did say no surgery comes without risks (which I realize) and should I have a massive blood loss all bets are off. He also is curious about how much this tumor weighs. I should have gotten me a bookie!
Anyway, life is good. Tim is starting to stress but I don't think he realizes it. He's been more depressed lately. I know it weighs heavily on his mind that something could go terribly wrong. I keep telling him that's not going to happen, but know I can't obliterate his fear.
I'll weigh the morning of the surgery and then the morning after I come home. I'm sure I'll be retaining some fluids as I'll have the wonderful IV going while I'm in surgery. I'm going to ask that the surgeon have the tumor weighed before it's whisked off to pathology. It's just something I need to know!
Groceries are being laid in and I'm already back on track. I had gained up to 407 but was recently back down to 403. I'll not make any adjustments until after the surgery. Check back on Friday or sometime next weekend for the dramatic weight loss results of the removal of this tumor. I can't say I'm going to miss it at all!
Sunday, October 15, 2006
Just four more sleeps
Posted by Karon at 10/15/2006 11:15:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I'm sure it will go well and you'll be your happy smiling self early next week. Stay strong and give us the report next week.
good luck with the surgery! your in my thoughts! tracy
Wishing you luck with the surgery and your recovery. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
You will do great Karon and be back on track in no time! Sending you happy thoughts!
My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you. Please keep us posted when you can. I'm interested to hear what that weighs but mostly I just want to hear that you're doing ok.
HI Karon, I haven't been able to post much lately, but I did get to read your blog today and I want you to know I am praying for you and for the surgery to go well! I hope your recovery also is good and speedy! Take care, Barbara
Hi, Karon.
You came to mind this morning and I prayed for you. I thought I better get out here and see how you are doing. Sounds like good timing with surgery scheduled tomorrow. I'll pray and hope to hear good news soon.
God bless.
- Randy (Barnabas)
Post a Comment