I'm home from the hospital. Surgery went well and took only 75 minutes to remove the tumor from my thigh. I've been blessed with very little pain. I'm able to get up and walk to the bathroom without much assistance. I did spend an extra night in the hospital because of the morphine making me really sick. I still feel pretty icky, truth be told.
I can't sit here much longer. The nausea is blurring my mind right now. The tumor itself weighed 20 pounds according to the surgeon. The scale showed a 25 pound loss from Thursday to yesterday afternoon. I'll be adjusting things here when I feel better. Just wanted to check in so everyone would know I'm doing okay.
Have an appt to follow up on Wednesday. The surgeon will remove the dressing and hopefully the drain then. I'm not sure when the staples will come out. More later.
Sunday, October 22, 2006
Recovery
Posted by Karon at 10/22/2006 12:16:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
HI, GLAD THE SURGERY WENT WELL AND YOUR FREE FROM THE TUMOR AND 20PDS LIGHTER! TAKE CARE TRACY
YAY! :)
Glad all went well... I TOLD you it would. ;)
C'mon over to the Cabin when you feel up to it and fill us all in on the latest.
Toodles...
~Eric
Glad it worked out well for you. Haven't been around much lately, but I've still been thinking about you. Best wishes for fast recovery!
So glad to hear that you are doing ok and that tumor is finally gone. Take care
I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Hopefully with a few more days rest you'll feel better. I'm glad to hear about the weight loss. Even if most of it is from the tumor, it has to be exciting to think of having increased mobility to make losing weight a little easier. Get some rest and I'll keep checking in on you. I know in a few days you'll be feeling better.
Yea! Your home and resting! One thing I do not handle well is nausea. I wish you well with that. 20 whoppin pounds!!! and 25 total loss..... Yippee! I am so glad that you have the tumor and surgery behind you now. Take care of yourself!!!!
Wow! I disappear for a week and come back to all of this! I am SO GLAD this is behind you now. Wow - 20 pounds???? That's amazing. YOU are amazing for still exercising!
I'm so happy for you!
Every day you will feel better and better.
I hope you have very little pain and can sleep well.
20 lbs Yeah.
Glad everything went well (I knew it would). You'll be back to yourself soon, even better without that dang thing!
Post a Comment