Okay ... I will be having surgery on Thursday, October 5. I don't have a time yet. I should know that late tomorrow afternoon or early evening. I will go in and have the surgery and then stay in the hospital overnight. If all things go as planned, I'm to be released to come home on Friday.
I have very mixed emotions right now. I'm excited to have this thing finally gone from my leg. I'm excited about a large weight loss with the removal. I'm excited to get back to an eating program and march solidly on toward my goal of 200 pounds gone by January 1 of 2007.
Then again, I'm scared spitless. I'm worried something will go wrong. I'm afraid of the pain I'll have when it's all over. I hate thinking about being intubated, catheterized, etc. I'm afraid of infection and some kind of complication.
I'm putting it into the Lord's capable hands. I know He won't let me down. I'm not done living yet and I have many things to accomplish. I'll check back when I know more.
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
The day draws near
Posted by Karon at 10/04/2006 12:05:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
This needs to be done for your better health, and scared as you may be, its gonna work out for the best, Prayers and Hugs, for you.
Karen, I've been keeping up with your blogs and check in each day to see how you are doing. Don't worry about the surgery. It must be done. My sister said something very important to me once, when I was worrying about this or that. She asked if it would do me any good to worry. I said, No, of course not. Then she said, then why waste your time worrying then? You will never know anything about being intubated. You will close your eyes, and in what seems like just a minute or two, you will open them and it will all be done. And as far as the pain is concerned, a lot of the pain, is the fear of pain itself. Please know that all your internet friends will be praying for you and that God will hold the doctors hands. You are a constant inspiration to me. Maggie
Hey Karon!
I'm glad to hear your surgery is coming up. That means this will be all over very soon and you'll feel better - MUCH better. Yes, there probably will be pain, but I would imagine it will be less that what you've had to experience so far.
Keep well and we'll all be thinking of you!
I'll be praying for you tomorrow as you have your surgery. It will be done and over with before you know it. Keep that chin up, Karon! We'll all be thinking of you.
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. You'll be fine. Don't worry at all. As Vicki said..it's a waste of energy. Stay positive. They have drugs for the pain..and believe me, they work! Being cathetized is no big deal at all..been there...done that. You'll be OK. Can't wait to hear the good news when it's all over!
Ooh Karon....finally! After all this time. Good for you. God bless you and I will keep you in my prayers. You are going to feel like a new person. Take care of yourself!
I will be praying for you
Karon,
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers too. Wow, when they make a decision they do it FAST. That's great though because you don't have to wait anymore. This time tomorrow night you'll be the other side of this whole thing and growth free. Take care!
Love,
Ann
Post a Comment