Tomorrow is the day. I have to be at the hospital at 11:45 AM and the surgery is scheduled for 1:15 PM. My friend Barb is going to pick us up at 10:00 and go to breakfast with Tim. I'm going along but won't be able to have anything, even water. I can eat up until midnight tonight. Drink water and 7-up until 7 AM but then nothing at all.
I'll check in as soon as I can. I know it won't be any earlier than Friday since I'm in hospital overnight Thursday. If I'm coherent and can sit at the computer Friday I'll post. If not, well ... I'll post when I can.
God bless everyone. I'm sure going to be glad to have this 'sidekick' gone!
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Surgery Details
Posted by Karon at 10/18/2006 04:57:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I will be thinking of you tomorrow as well as Tim. I can't wait to read how great you are doing without your "sidekick"! But don't push it!!! We will all still be here when you are ready. Take care my friend.
I know it will go well. I would suggest eating as close to the deadline (midnight) as you can. Also drink as close to the stopping point as you can. It will be quite some time without food/water. Looking forward to your happy report of life without the sidekick.
All my prayers,God Bless, Mel
You go, girl! All will be well!
Love ya' !
~Eric
Hope everything went well!
Melissa
I knew it was a little too early for you to have posted surgery results, but I thought I'd come check on you anyway just in case. I'll be here to find out how it went. I'm praying for your speedy recovery.
I'm thinking of you too Karon, wondering how you're doing....
Ann
JUST WANTED TO FILL SOME OF YOU IN... KARON'S SURGERY WENT WELL ON THURSDAY. THE OPERATION LASTED A LITTLE SHORTER THAN THEY ORIGINALLY THOUGHT. IT DID NOT APPEAR CANCEROUS... BUT IT WILL BE SENT TO PATHOLOGY TO MAKE SURE. I BELIEVE TIM SAID THAT THEY WEIGHED IT IN THE O.R. AND IT WAS 20 LBS... BUT EVEN THE DR. THERE SAID THAT PERHAPS THE SCALE WAS OFF... TO THE LOW SIDE. THERE WAS A LOT OF FLUID IN THERE.
KARON'S BROTHER, HIS WIFE, AND KARON'S SISTER ALL MADE IT UP HERE BY THURSDAY NITE. I DID NOT TALK TO TIM ON FRIDAY, BUT KARON WAS SUPPOSED TO COME HOME ON FRIDAY. I WILL LET YOU KNOW MORE WHEN I KNOW MORE... UNLESS KARON SIGNS ON.
THANK YOU ALL FOR KEEPING KARON, AND TIM, IN YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.
BARB
Post a Comment