CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 30, 2006

Stupid Bandages

I'm making progress post surgery. I am still in very little pain. Matter of fact, I am only taking one pain pill per day and I'm quite happy with that. It is usually just before bed or right when I wake up in the morning. I imagine I'll be able to stop them altogether soon.

The incision seems to be healing well. The wrapping is a royal pain in the arse. We continue to have problems getting the wrap to stay where it needs to stay. It either rolls up from the bottom or slides down from the top. This is the one that's on my thigh. The one on the lower part of the incision, on my calf, isn't a problem. I thought about getting some control top panythose and cutting the legs off, using the tummy control part on my thigh. I don't know that it would work, but I may just give it whirl.

Other than that, things seem to be fine. I am really hoping the staples can come out on Wednesday and there will be no reason to continue wrapping. I'm also ready to get back to work. I'm off without pay and that's going to be a problem eventually. Still taking things one day at a time.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Good idea. Keeping dressings on can be a real problem.
When your in your exercise mode you will really be able to tell the difference.
Keep up the good work.

Valerie said...

You're doing great Karon! I'm so glad to hear you aren't in much pain. I'm sorry to hear the bandages are giving you trouble. How are things going with Mandy's visit? I'll keep praying for your continued speedy recovery.