I am ready to get back at it. I cannot believe I let an entire year (actually two now) go by without doing anything about all this fat. It really saddens me to be no further than I was at the end of 2005. It makes me feel like a big fat failure.
And before you all go on telling me about how I've maintained and that's positive, let me acknowledge that I am in a better place than I was when 2005 started and I weighed 530 pounds. I know that, but it doesn't make me feel much better.
If I had done what I knew worked, I would have been at or near my goal of just under 200 pounds by now. I HAVE to get back to taking care of me. I am working on coming up with a plan that will work for me.
Speaking of work, my transfer to days is on hold yet again. In July I was told to be patient. A new staff had been hired and was supposed to work two day shifts every weekend and two overnight shifts. It ended up she was on days full-time until she quit in November. She was supposed to be pulled down and I was supposed to get her day shift, but it never happened.
Then I was told when another staff retired, I would move to days. Her last day was Dec 31st yet I am still on the overnight schedule. *sigh* And just yesterday before I left work I was told that I was going to have to be patient because she still needs me on nights. Yet, she is pulling someone from the evening shift to work days every single day. There is no justice there and I'm tired of waiting. So I'm searching for a new job. I've had it!
Thursday, January 03, 2008
Back at it!
Posted by Karon at 1/03/2008 09:38:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
First of all, good luck on the job hunt. It sounds like they are taking advantage of you and your ability to work night shift. I hope you're able to find something different soon so you can get out in the daylight.
Second, I totally know how you feel about your weight. I blew off my diet for the entire year of 2007 and am now back up 35 of the 45 lbs. I lost earlier. I know what I am doing wrong and I know how to fix it, it's just getting and keeping the motivation to do it. How about we both resolve to make 2008 the year that we both meet our goals?
I don't know why bosses do that to a person. I imagine that you are trustworthy and get things done and she trusts you to do a good job on nights.
If you stay at the night job you hate, it works against your efforts to lose weight and be healthier.
So here is hoping that your next job is a day job that you enjoy.
I join with you in making 2008 a year of success.
Post a Comment