I am still bouncing up and down 395-410 lbs. It's frustrating. I called to schedule the appointment with the surgeon. He is out of the office until tomorrow. He will review the info I gave over the phone and decide if he is going to meet with me or not. I'm hoping he'll remember me since he did my surgery before. It may be another week before I have that consultation. Until then, I'll just keep on trying to get more fat off of me.
My body is now having to make a big adjustment. After more than a year of working overnight shift (10 PM - 8 AM) I have made the leap to day shift (7:30 AM - 3:30 PM). I now will have every other weekend off and then one weekend midweek off. I'm so used to only getting 4-5 hours sleep that my sleep cycle is all messed up. I fell asleep in my recliner last night about 9:30 PM and woke up at 4:00 AM. I was wide awake so I just got up. This means I'm going to need a nap mid-afternoon. Good thing I'm off work today! *grins*
Haven't been doing so well with tracking my calories. One of my goals for February is to track my foods at Sparkpeople every day. It is one of the many tools I know I need to rely on and use. Another is to increase my activity level. Sure hope that center in the hospital can help me with that.
Other than that, I'm doing okay. I still really want to focus and be under 400 by March 1st. And I don't mean to be under by a couple pounds. I'd like to be at least 5-7 lbs under by then. At least then I'd feel like I was being successful again. I'm going to baby step my way there. I can do this, right?
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
A little update
Posted by Karon at 1/29/2008 05:55:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You bet you can do this!
Working days just might be one of the things that will help you lose weight.
We get energy in 3 ways 1 Breathing, 2 eating and sleeping. If we have sleep apnea and are not getting enough sleep then we make up for it by eating.
Good luck with the surgeon.
Sending warm fuzzes your way.
Janet
Karon,You can lose with out lapband. You did it already. I have a close relative who died from ulcerations from it. It also does not teach you to eat properly. You could gain it all back. Just trying to warn you. I wish my cousin would have listened. You have those great grandbabies to live for. Hugs, Mel
Hi Karon!!!
WOOOOO HOOOOOO Day shift!!!! I am so happy to hear that! I think you will feel a lot better once you get back to regular days. My husband worked nights for a couple of years and it was hard for him to function during that time. We are just not designed to be nocturnal creatures.
Anyway, dealing with all kinds of issues on my end of things but I wont bore you with them. I do know that I have to get this emotional eating under control....
Dr Phil keeps popping into my head asking me How is that working for you????? and I can definitely say it is NOT working for me. All I need is added weight to make my life REALLY frustrating.
You take care and keep your chin up. Enjoy your days of sunshine and nights of sleep...you deserve them!
Love,
Ann
Post a Comment