Finally, after much angst and many phone calls, the psychologist who did my psych eval sent the report to the bariatric center. It was the final report they were waiting on. The bariatric center faxed 42 pages to my surgeon for review before submission for insurance approval. The nurse there said that I should hear back with an approval in the next two weeks since I have an HMO. I sure hope so because I am ready to get this done and proceed on. I can hardly wait!
Still going to the water aerobics. It's been six weeks I've stuck with it now. I just signed up for the next six week session. The trainer said if I have surgery during the session, they will refund a portion of the money to me. I just know that as soon as I'm cleared, I'll be back in the water.
I moved up to the harder hand weights in the pool and the more difficult stretch bands this week. The trainer thought I was ready. Boy did I feel the difference! It was a good ache, though so I'll continue with the more difficult ones. It's all about building muscle to replace the fat and if I hurt a little bit, I know it's got to be working, right?
So that's the status on everything right now. When I have a surgery date, I'll be sure to be screaming it. Thanks again for all the support from y'all.
Friday, July 11, 2008
Finally ...
Posted by Karon at 7/11/2008 01:44:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I am praying for you.
Post a Comment