I just got off the phone with my favorite Utilization Review person at my medical group. My surgery has been authorized and approved! I really am having this surgery on August 4th; less than two weeks to my newest beginning. I cannot express the gratitude and excitement I feel as well as the relief of knowing it is now really going to happen. I am so dang EXCITED!
Day two of the new diet has gone well thus far. Changed things up a bit so if you're interested, here's how my eats for today have looked so far ...
11:45 PM South Beach 100 Calorie Chocolate Snack Bar
2:30 AM Strawberry Protein Drink
6 AM Slice of whole wheat bread with 1 oz turkey and mustard
My main meal in a little while will likely be a repeat of yesterday. There are other things I can have but that one works for me so I'll probably repeat it today. I've had two bottle of water so far today. Later on, about 7 or 8 PM I'll have my second Protein Drink and I need to drink two more bottles of water. I'm working on the first one now.
Jamie, I spoke with the gal in my water aerobics class last night and she said she was on a very similar diet the two weeks before her lap band surgery. Her surgery was one week ago and she was back in class last night. Five steri-strips covering her incisions and it's all good. She took it a little easy but said other than feeling hungry, she's doing fine. Her surgeon requires two weeks liquid diet post op before she gets to start mushy foods.
Many hugs to all of you for your support. Thanks once again for being here with me on this special journey to regain my life.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
It's a Go!
Posted by Karon at 7/22/2008 03:00:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Karon!!
Woohooo! I'm just checking in and am so happy for you, to see that surgery is just around the corner. I'm keeping you in my prayers and as always, wish the very best for you.
Take care!!!
Ann
Girl......you are offically offical!!!!! Yippeee! I hope you are having an easy time with your pre op diet.
Ok...I will be so pleased if my lap band goes as smoothly as your friends has. ONE week and back to the water aerobics. Wow!!
Start taking those before pics. :)
Post a Comment