CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

My head is spinning

Are y'all ready for this? I am scheduled for surgery on August 4th! My mind started whirling and I was thinking "are you freaking kidding me?". That is two weeks from Monday! Oh my. Then she went on to say that it is pending insurance approval but they don't think there will be a problem with that. I don't think there will be either.

I have so much to do. I did call the bariatric center and am waiting for a call-back from the nutritionist about what kind of diet I need to follow for the next two weeks. It's either a liquid or partial liquid diet that is designed to shrink my liver. Wow! Can you even believe it's only two weeks away? I am still amazed!

I have to go for pre-admission testing but was not in the system yet so they couldn't set me up for any of that. I'll wait til later today to call back or tomorrow.

I have to fill out the paperwork for FMLA at work. I need to request a donation of sick time from other employees so I will be guaranteed a minimum of three weeks off paid before I have to worry about it. (The surgeon told me I'd be off 3-4 weeks at least and I'm hoping it's only three as I don't know that I can cover four financially.) I need to get some things done here at home but I guess I have two weeks to get it done. Gosh, thinking of all I have to do has my head spinning.

Okay, breathing and moving on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck and congrats on getting this far with all the paperwork and tests!

I've been following you for a long time, orginally at SparkPeople and now on your blog.

Jamie said...

Woo Hoo!!!! How exciting! You have been through alot to get here. TWO weeks!!! I will be thinking of you and hope you get your 'business' cleared up so you can relax and concentrate on YOU. I so wish I was one of your coworkers right now, I would donate in a heartbeat!!

Anonymous said...

You go girl!! I am so happy for you!

Lisa said...

Wow, two weeks! That's not long at all and then you'll be on the road to a new, healthy, you:) I'm so happy for you!!!