CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 08, 2008

Cardiology Results and New Surgery Date

Just back from the cardiologist and it was exactly as I knew it would be. There is NOTHING wrong with my heart. I have not had a heart attack. I am just FINE! I could have had my surgeon and my surgery and been recuperating right now. But ... everything happens for a reason. I know that.

That said, called the surgeon's office and the earliest she can get me back on the schedule is September 8th so it's another month of waiting for me. I don't think that's fair but then life isn't fair. Being a spiritual person, I'm pretty sure I'm starting to figure out part of the why when I looked at my calendar. It's disappointing and I'm not giving up. I'm not giving up on my surgery nor am I going to take back my committment I've made to something at church. I am going to win!

I will continue on the diet, somewhat but will likely not be quite as careful about the dinner meal. I don't want to regain what I've lost but I think my body is going into starvation mode as the scale hasn't changed in a few days. Changing things up for the next couple weeks before restarting the pre-op diet may be just what my body needs.

I'm trying to look at this how everyone else will tell me to see it. I still get to have surgery. I now know my heart is fine. It's better to be safe than sorry. I really don't care. The disappointment of having to wait so long is still here. I know it's selfish and stupid but it is what it is and I am who I am.

There is a slim chance the surgery date could be moved up but I'm not holding my breath. The surgeon is out of town next week and the schedulerer said she'd talk to him the following Monday when he returns. If he agrees to do the surgery on a Thursday instead of a Monday, I may get in a little sooner. We'll see. Right now I'm planning on Sept 8.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karon!!

I am doing a happy dance for you right now!!! Your heart is FINE you haven't had a heart attack. Thank God for that! If there's anyway they can get you in sooner for your surgery, I'm sure they will, since they know how frustrated you are by the turn of events. Till then, keep on keeping on!

Love,
Ann

Janet said...

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
No problems with your heart.
I really do believe that things happen for a reason. We might never know what that reason is but there is a reason.
Now you have more time to exercise and gain more strength.
I am joining Ann in the Happy Dance.

Anonymous said...

Whew! What GREAT news! Now you know you're in the BEST possible place for the surgery! Yay! You go girl! Hang in there!

Lisa said...

I'm so glad that there is nothing wrong with your heart! That is wonderful news. Sorry to hear they can't get you in for surgery any sooner, but at least you now have a date to look forward too. Like Janet said earlier, this will give you a little more time to exercise and get stronger and that will just make your outcome after surgery that much better. Hang in there, Karon! You'll be there before you know it :)

Jamie said...

Yes!! Thank Goodness your okay! Karon, I totally understand your feelings right now. I had a setback yesterday as well. I really believe they put us through all this so the weak ones will discontinue. You have to be determined, strong and know what you want to get through this. I am now going to call this WLS boot camp.

Just keep reminding yourself that you would prefer a surgeon who acts on and confirms matters rather than one who says "o that won't matter."

I don't know if I am making any sense. I feel kinda wiped out still from yesterday but.....I just want to say......that is one adorable picture of your grandbaby. Made me laugh. Thank you!