Totally devestated right now. Got a call from my doctor. Surgery is cancelled for now. Something not right in my EKG so I have to have a stress test before anything else. Said the EKG shows I've had a heart attack since my last surgery. Huh? You'd think I'd know if I had a heart attack. I am very disappointed. Now my surgeon is not going to do the operation. When this is all behind me it will be his partner to do the surgery. I can't say anything else right now as the tears are coming on again. I know it's just a bump but it's one I didn't need right now.
Saturday, August 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I'm so sorry Karon! You know, this is life or death here and they are really looking out for you. It may as well be a mistake and they'll soon find out. If it is true and you've had a heart attack, you've been doubly blessed---blessed that they've found that AND blessed that they didn't do the surgery. I know, that it is very hard right now, but we don't want you to die on the table after all that you've been through!! This is, after all, about LIVING, right? Focus on that, please. I love ya. HUGS
Ditto on what Vicki said Karon. You are in my prayers and everything will work out as God wants it to. Keep your chin up!
Love,
Ann
People can have "silent" heart attacks.
As Vicki said you are blessed that they found it and aren't going to do the surgery yet.
Keep up the good work so that when they are ready you will be too.
Sometimes I think that half of the adventure is finding out what kind of road blocks we have to put up with before we get where we want to go.
Love you and Big Hugs.
Same here, Karon! I know you are wanting to get the surgery done and over with so you can continue on with your journey, but we all want you to be ok while having the surgery too. The doctor's know what they are doing and just want to make good and sure that there will be no problems. I know it is hard to have the surgery canceled because you've been so excited about it. Just keep your chin up and stay strong. It will be rescheduled before you know it :)
Hugs, Hugs and More Hugs,
Lisa
Hey Wiggy, The others said it best. If there is something wrong, they need to take care of that cuz we really don't want to lose you. I'm sure you are so disappointed right now that you are ready to chuck it in and eat a dozen donuts(as I would be)... but hang in there...keep on track and the surgery will happen for you and the end result will be worth all the headaches, waiting, and trouble you've been thru. Hang in there! Love, Barb
Oh Karon, I'm so sorry. August 4th just wasn't meant to be your new "birth" date. You had a sucky scheduled surgery time anyway!! :) You will get through this stress test and on with a new date and a better time.
I want to thank you for being a continued source of support and inspiration for me. I have in the past been known to complain and grumble about all the testing but am now thankful that we have these safegaurds in place. Total compliance from me from now on.
Keep your head up girl! After all you have still lost 14 pounds!!!!!
consider yourself lucky, a beloved friend died from this surgery. ditto what barb said...don't eat a dozen donuts. hopefully you did not have a heart attack,if you did you will need medical attention. you need to be around for your family who need you.
my comment is the above comment and I wanted to add to get checked out ASAP as there are silent heart attacks!!!!!!!
Post a Comment