Got a surprise call from my original surgeon this morning. He said he was sorry he wasn't going to be able to do my surgery but assured me that his partner (Dr. V) will take very good care of me. He said for me not to let this recent development discourage me at all. I thought it was sweet of him to call me personally. I told him I guess I'd have to accept second best but would rather have had him doing my surgery.
I went for the first part of the stress test yesterday. I had to walk on a treadmill and get my heart rate over 140 for them to do the test. It took less than three minutes for me to achieve that. Then they injected some kind of nuclear medication into an IV and I had to wait about 30 minutes. Went and laid on a very uncomfortable surface for 15 minutes while a camera took multiple pictures of my heart. I go back tomorrow morning for the second part of the test which is another injection and more pictures. I meet with the cardiologist on Friday afternoon and we'll see what he says about proceeding with surgery of if I have in fact had a heart attack.
I still just want all of this behind me and the surgery to be over. I suppose that's only natural.
Wednesday, August 06, 2008
Surprise
Posted by Karon at 8/06/2008 05:33:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
What a nice Dr. That is very thoughtful.
He is right, don't get discouraged.
Stress tests are not fun. I have had 2 of them and didn't like either one.
Post a Comment